Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Erros status 525

I have installed client Netbackup on RedHat (rhel5). When I try to open the console on the client, /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/jbpSA I receive an error: Status 525: Can not connect to the NB-Java authentication service via VNETD on computer on port 137...

NetBackup on live Linux CD

I've RTFM'd but couldn't find anything. I would like to know if anyone is running NetBackup off live Linux CD/DVD. We need to use it in a training environment, and that would be ideal for us. If you've done it, please let me know what distro, and any...

heathen by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

HBA scsi reset on SAN Client

Hi all, yesterday I installed 6.5.3.1 hotfix on a media server. It is also a FT media server (Linux Rhel4 x86_64). Before installation,  I stop all NB services (FT service nbftsrvr included) and, after, I restarted them. The problem is that we had ...

Netbackup Client 6.5 for Montavista Linux 2.4 Career Grade 3.1

Hi, we have a montavista linux 2.4 career grade 3.2 System .we have installed the Netbackup client for that but its not working & we are facing Status code 57 .   Status Code: 57 ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Ser...

Netbackup Client 6.5 for Montavista Linux 2.4 Career Grade 3.1

Hi, we have a montavista linux 2.4 career grade 3.2 System .we have installed the Netbackup client for that but its not working & we are facing Status code 57 .   Status Code: 57 ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Ser...

Daylight Savings Issue

Hello.   I have a number of policies that have a window of 1000 - 1800, M - F.  Today all of them started at 1100, an hour later than normal.    I'm running RHEL4.5, NBU 6.5.2.   Thoughts?    Thanks in advance. dbam

iujkjk by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! get rid of vnetd messages

Hi, in RedHat EL 5x I have a lot of Mar  9 18:33:40 servername xinetd[4917]: START: vnetd pid=22869 from=x.x.x.x Mar  9 18:33:41 servername xinetd[4917]: START: vnetd pid=22870 from=x.x.x.x Mar  9 18:33:41 servername xinetd[4917]: EXIT: vnetd status=...

cinc schedule backs up all files

hi, iam running nbu 6 mp5 on a solaris Master. i have a red hat client in a policy with 2 schedules - full - every sunday - cinc (calendar based) - tues, wed, thurs, fri the cinc schedule always backup all files, the job also specifies it is using th...

deamon by Level 4
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

NBU Client to Redhat 2.6.9-42 64 bit server

Hi Guys, We have upgraded our Linux Redhat servers to kernel 2.6.9 64 bit, after that I could no longer install my NBU client in it. The error is stating "not supported" since my NBU installer is only for RedHat2.4. How can I install an NBU client to...

Reset HBA in Red Hat?

My master (RH 4/NBU 6) is normally attached to four fiber-channel LTO-3 drives.  I was trying to do some troubleshooting of a tape drive that's not normally attached, and moved the cable over to that drive.  But I guess the OS "knows" that it's a dif...

Script to move tape to cap

Hi, is it possible to create a notify script that will take the tape media that was used by that backup job and move the tape to the cap? This will be used to move monthly vault backup tapes out of the robot. If this is possible anyone might have a c...

Resolved! VMware and NBU

Looking for tips and tricks to Configuring and backing up Windows and Linux Guests. And If and how to restore linux guests at file level with NBU/VCB    

Douglas_A by Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Link /usr to /opt

Hello Is the link needed between /usr and /opt for a netbackup server running Linux? If so then why? Can I just install netbackup direct to /usr?   Thanks Fredrik

Labels