Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

NetBackup are gathering for their very first AMA

The Symantec NetBackup team is doing an AMA tomorrow. Got questions? We've got the answers With all kinds of good stuff going on in the world of NetBackup, we wanted to make sure that we get together with anyone and everyone that has any questions. ...

SymTerry by Level 6
Employee Accredited
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

archive bit

Is there any one knows why archive bit ? and who controle archive bit ? how server  find archive bit  status?

Resolved! backup Performence

how to improve backup performance(For example I am running a backup  operation it is taking 10 hours (consider ) then I need it  to finish  it within 5 hours or below mean as early as possible is it possible or not if possible means how Give me an ex...

Symantec Backup For All Webcast

While data backup can take many forms and involve many subprocesses, the important thing is to recovery data when, where, and how needed.   Symantec NetBackup 7.5 with V-Ray technology offers a single solution approach to backup, deduplication, repli...

Turls by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

156 ERROR...

HI ALL    while taking VM level backup m facing 156 error when m selecting VM display name in client name selection tab    but not facing this error when i select VM DNS NAME. WHY?

It's 2:00 a.m. Do you know what NetBackup is doing?

Have questions about your virtual machines being backed up?, their dedupe rates?, and how much data is being protected? If so, on June 21st from 10am-11am PST, Symantec's Netbackup product managers present you a session to demonstrate how OpsCenter c...

Turls by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Webcast - Stop Losing Sleep over Dedupe!

Attend this Symantec webcast and learn how NetBackup 7 can simplify deduplication and protect your investment - Seamless, End to End global deduplication – at the source, media server, or scalable targetBe able to select the right deduplication strat...

Turls by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Oracle 11g R1 and Netbackup 6.5.4 support or known issues

I have to upgrade an existing Oracle 10g R2 10.2.0.4 to Oracle 11g R1 (11.1.0.7) and would like to know if there are any support issues from Veritas.  Are there any known issues between Veritas Netbackup 6.5.4 and Oracle 11gR1? Can you point me to ...

yakub21 by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netbackup 7 - BMR for Solaris X64 Problem (SRT Creation ERROR)

Hi All, My Netbackup master server: Solaris 10 Update 8, x64 + Netbackup 7   I tried to use Solaris 10 Update 5,6,7,8 to create the SRT for Solaris BMR but all fails.   Below is the log. Does anyone has idea about it? I already logged the ...

Ivan_Siu_at_HK by Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Require a demon license about advanced client on NBU6.0

Hi,everyone, we are using Veritas NBU6.0 on Sun Solaris9 , no new maintenance contract now. Order Details Customer Name: MITAC COMPUTER (KUNSHAN) CO LTD Customer Number: 58440521 Order Number: 61011136 Quantity Purchased : 1   Installed At Ad...

kylix by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Media Multiplexing

I have a example that I want to share about Media Multiplexing; PS-MPX - Policy Media Multiplexing                       TD-MPX - Tape Media Multiplexing Example TD-MPX = 30 Policy A - PS-MPX = 2 Policy B - PS-MPX = 8 Policy A - 4 Jobs Policy B ...

Netbackup deosn't eject tape after job

Hi.  We have Veritas Netbackup 6.5 and we are having problems with the tapes.  Netbackup do not eject the tapes until they are full.  We need that the tapes are ejected after the job are completed for audit porpuse.  Is their a way that we can change...

Heads Up: NetBackup 7 Webinars

I happened to venture outside of my usual URL visits on Symantec.com and found that there is some Webinars for NetBackup 7 and technologies coming up soon over the next week and month. Visit www.netbackupdemo.com Just thought I would give heads...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Downloading the trail version of veritas netbackup 7

In 2010, in  which address I  could  download the  trail version  of  veritas netbackup 7? I've been using veritas  netbackup 6.5.4 + vmware vshpere, using   the vdr to  backup vms. Backuping vms with Netback...

Resolved! move catalog

Hi, My catalog database is taking huge space and i want to move some part of the catalog into different drive. My Setup is NetBackup 5.1 running on Solaris Server. Can i move the catalog by client basis? Regards, Fahis

fahis by Level 3
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

What and How is NetBackup 7

Hello Guys, I hope you are started evaluating NetBackup 7.0. It have lot of new features. Here are some of them. New features: Integrated deduplication ■ Client deduplication ■ Media server deduplication ■ OpsCenter ■ Convergence of NOM and VBR ...

Labels