Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! Robot issues

Hi Team, We have NBU master server running on win 2008 Enterprise on NBU version 7.6.0.3. We have two SL8500 tape libraries with one robot in each. When I try to configure the drives using device config wizard the NBU is detecting some times 5 rob...

BVshet by Level 5
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Images are not deleting from disk even after expiration

Hello    Using NBU 7.6.1.2 on windows 2008R2.    Running a filesystem backup onto a Advanced disk attached to different media server which is also nbu 7.6.1.2 on windows 2008R2. The backup is successfull. We have a Vault policy to duplicate these...

Resolved! Scheduling wise

Hi Gurus,   We are on a planning stage and wanted to ask help or any recommendation as to how we can set the proper timing for the schedules. I know that setting time in "start window" means its the start of backup window and not the actual start o...

gplus by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to clear expired images from basic disk

Netbackup 7.1.0.3, windows server 2008. We have very old images in our disk which occupies space. These images are residing in E:\NBU folder but now all new images writing to E:\. Catalog shows them as expired images. I had tried nbdelete -allvolum...

Resolved! First inject of tapes ignores barcode and media ID rules

Master is on Windows 2012 R2 VMware VM Media servers on physical Win2008 Tapes are LTO3 and have a barcode configuration of 6 numbers, then L3 on the end  (XXXXXXL3) Tape Library: HP ESL 712e Barcode Rules: Barcode TagMedia TypePoolMounts/CleanC...

Dedupe ratio for High-resolution images

Hi guys,   I have requirement where i have to backup around 20 TB of high resolution images (i expect to be around 25 MB per image). This is expected to grow to 35-40 TB in the next one year.   At present, we have a single Netbackup Appliance act...

Mux by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to cofigure san backup?

HI, Can any one explain how to configure san backup(Step by step) in Solaris based Master server..and how to take data into tape or Disk..  

KNMV by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup 7.6.1.2 - status 96 no avail media

Hi  i have a nbu 7.6.1.2 with a tape robot, we have now in multiple occations had this issue  - status 96 unable to allocate new media for backup, storage unit has none available (96) But the scratch media pool has 20+ tapes with status Available (...

JesperBerth by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Data Backup for Active Active two sites

Hello, We have a NetBackup solution consists of three nodes , two master servers at the main site and one standby server at the DR site. The issue is that some operations are taking place at the DR site and backup need to be taken for the data at th...

Joe_ab by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NetBackup with DD Boost

Hi, We plan to backup to a DataDomain using DDBoost device. There is a master server and one media server in the env. We would also like to duplicate the data to tape after the backup finishes. Now the tape drive can be zoned to only the master ser...

Symctec by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! data backed up vs data stored on tape

I'm being asked by a manager to supply a report that I don't think is possible to provide ... at least not in the way that person is hoping to see it. :\ Let's say that in a 24-hour period I back up 50 TB of data.  That (to me...) means that the sum...

Resolved! Backup up lots of small files from zfs unix client

i'm seeing if someone could help me on the below i have a windows NBU 7.7 master server backuping up a solaris client using a zfs filesystem. Backups go to LTO 6 drives (VTL drive). One of the pools has got lots of small files. We can run a full bac...

matt077 by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Robot control host to be moved to master server

Hi All, Setup : Master Server - Solaris10 Media Servers - RHELinux (2 no) NBU Version - 7.1 New LIb - IBM TS3500 New Drives - 4 HCART2 Existing Drives - 6 HCART3 Visibility - All are visible in master and media servers. ...

PureDisk used capacity Mismatch between two servers

I have server 22 and sever 24, both servers have the same disk pool usable size which is 50,471,198.73 but server 22 disk pool used capactity is 38,265,560.96 with percentage disk pool usage at 75.82 and server 24 used capacity is 34,230,007.16. with...

Resolved! NetApp NFS and CIFS backup

Hi   A quick overview on how we take NetApp backups, and why we ended up doing this way. Initially our plan was to take backup of NetApp directly to Tape by utilizing the NetApp plugin and Replication Director. Backup was very slow so we ended up ...

Resolved! Clearing out non existant backup images.

I have just arrived a t a new contract and have found that the Netbackup server is reporting images on disk that is no longer present. I know I cleared out a similar problem several years ago but cannot remember how I went about it. i.e. images on e:...

Labels