Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! NDMP restore is hung after reading one media.

Hi All, I am trying to restore a directory on NDMP to its original location. My restore actually requires 8 medias. Restore is going in hung state after reading backup image on one media. Nothing is happening after that. I was not able to find any e...

Resolved! NDMP Accelerator for NetApp backups

Hi My current environment: Master on: RHEL 6 NBU 7.7.2 Mediaserver: RHEL6 NBU: 7.7.2 Netapp: 8.2.4 P2 7-Mode   From NBU 7.7.1 Veritas has released the accelerator feature for NDMP backups. However, in the process of utilizing it, i am getting...

Resolved! NDMP Snapshots not Getting Deleted

Team, NDMP backups are configured in our enivronment for Netapp Filers. Backup are running for all the volume except one volume in a NetApp Filer. Issue is  "Backup is getting intitated, Snapshot is getting created Backup goes hung state for few h...

Vamsi1 by Level 5
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! ANY MATERIALS FOR A FRESHER TO CRACK THE CERTIFICATION EXAM

Hi, i am fresher going to da certification on Netbackup tool. please give me any suggestions as : 1) which certification will help me a lot to work on Netbackup all kinds of services. 2) materials which can be helpful for cracking the exam other t...

Status 2001 on a cluster server

Hi All,   I am using win 2008 & 2012 servers and NBU 7.6.0.1 in a cluster server, I got the error 2001 which is nothing but NO DRIVES ARE AVAILABLE, but i have plenty of drives and all are working fine and it is a FULL backup. In my environment we...

PavanK1 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! tape drive shows active , but the ready column shows NO

This particular tape drive is not showing any drives loaded and the Ready column shows NO   /vmdareq -display HP.ULTRIUM4-SCSI.003 - AVAILABLE      bellows SCAN_HOST UP      scooter UP      fozzie UP HP.ULTRIUM4-SCSI.004 - AVAILABLE      ...

sjvz by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! NDMP error 99

Hi, Since few days, I have some trouble on my NDMP backups. My backup selection is shared between many streams. All full backup are OK, but some of incr backup fails with status 99. Apparently, the level 0 dump is post-dated, and I have this error :...

panthony by Level 4
Partner
  • 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

netapp cdot smtape option

we are using netbackup 7.6.1.2 and doing several netapp cdot 8.3 backups, which are not cab but node-scope-mode.  in the policy the client is the netapp node that physically has the volume attached, and the include list is /vserver/volume.  we need t...

Resolved! NDMP Drive Configuraiton issue

Hello , We are facing one issue with NDMP. We have configured the NDMP drives and storage unit through GUI. device configuration has been completed successfully. After that , we have started the backup on storage unit but not single drive is able t...

Resolved! NDMP Verification TPAutoconf - Node-Scope

I am trying to setup NetBackup 7.7 (trial) and connecting to Netapp 8.2.2 cDOT mode. I believe I have everything setup but I am only able to see one node in the NetApp cluster. When I have node-scode-mode on I can see "the" node and all of its volume...

Resolved! only ndmp path goes down

We have 10 drives configured from Quanutm i500. All drive are shared with 6 windows media servers. Master is VM and does not control robot. Among these, 4 Drives are also configured (shared) with 2 Netapp hosts ( 2 each). NMDP drives are configured ...

Resolved! Netapp cDOT and NDMP Cluster Aware Backup Support

I know that as of right now, NBU 7.6 does NOT support the Cluster Aware Backup NDMP option, thus making backups of c-mode Netapp Filers a bit tricky.    Does anybody have any idea/hints/guesses as to when it will be supported?    thanks,   --jo...

Resolved! Netbackup SLP from VTL to Tape Library

Hi, Made SLP configuration with backup local NDMP to VTL then duplicate it to Tape Library. While the VTL it directly attached to the filer but the Tape Library is attached to media server. The backup was working but the duplication has failed. I f...

MSI_iqbal by Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! manual duplicate NDMP data from VTL to Tape Library

Hi All,   User ask me to backup data from NDMP device/filer to VTL with Local NDMP topology. Then next he ask me to manually duplicate the Data on VTL to Tape Library that also have Local NDMP topology. As Netbackup only allow duplicate that connec...

MSI_iqbal by Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NDMP backups from EMC Isilon

Attempting to backup an Isilon system using remote NDMP on Netbackup 7.1 (linux media server writing to Datadomain).  We have port 10000 opened bi-directionally between NAS device and media servers.  When the backup is attempted, it connects and the...

Auto Image Replication with Remote NDMP

Hello everyone I have a couple of questions regarding a new setup we are looking at in our environment. I've went through tons of manuals, web browsing, etc but I figured I would come here to ask the experts. We are firing up a new offsite location ...

Resolved! NDMP backups are failing with 2009

i have tried resccaning the drives at filer end with the help of other teams but i am not sure how to resolve the issue. Could someone help me in finding the way to resolve it please?

Resolved! Status 1537 for NDMP backup

Hi,   What ever the backup triggered for Netapp CDOT cluster node is failing with 1537 after migrating the backups to DD from tape. it is not even showing any parent job or others..it will have only one job whill fail with 1537. I have added wrok...

Guduru by Level 4
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels