Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! Need to restore backup from a tape on different master server

Hi All ,   We are going to do data migration form location A(source) to location B(destination).Now we have netbackup master servers at both location . We are planning to take backup of data from location A file servers on tape through netbackup a...

Resolved! NetApp Cluster-Mode and NDMP

I am in the process of configuring NDMP backups against a NetApp cluster using the node-scope-mode enabled option set to on. When I add the NDMP host in the NetBackup console, I can only add it by IP address. If I try and add the hostname, it reverts...

Resolved! NDMP Backup failing

Hi I have an issue with NDMP backups failing which I'm hoping to find a solution for. I have configured a new appliance running 7.6.0.3 and added it into an existing master media config. Master is windows running 7.6.0.2 and the other media is RHEL ...

steve75 by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! CIFS share backup in Netbackup

hi Team,  I have a plan to take CIFS share backup. The method choosed is to map CIFS to any VM and get backed up as file level . is it possible ? does it require license also ?   Regards Brits  

Brits by Level 6
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Error import tape LTO4 in LTO6 Drive

All, I have a request from user to restore data from LTO4 tape cartridge that already expired and the only drive we have is LTO6. We all know LTO6 drive still can read LTO4 tape, but in import phase 2 none of them is success. I have serach thorough ...

MSI_iqbal by Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 29 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! VNX Virtual Data Mover backups with NetBackup

I need to configure Symantec NetBackup to back up a virtual data mover on a VNX 5200.  The VNX has a single Virtual Data Mover (VDM). Lets call it fs01. It is hosted on data mover server_2. fs01 has one interface with IP address of 192.168.22.22. It ...

fortec by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NDMP Backup error: ndmp_data_connect_v3 failed

Hi All, I have a problem with NDMP Remote Backup of NAS: DELL FS8600. When running the backup this error is displayed in ndmpagent log:   Connecting and authenticating to NAS server fs_user_rgb.xxxxxxx.edu.coPID:13678 File ID:134 16:05:22.782 Usi...

Stivet by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! NetBackup Finds Library, But Not Drives Attached using NDMP

Running NetBackup 7.1 on Windows Server 2008 R2. I have an HP StorageWorks MSL4048 tape library with 2 drives installed. These are attached with fibre to 2 fibre channel ports on the back of my NetApp FAS2240. When I run sysconfig -t and sysconfig -m...

Porkins by Level 3
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! FCP services on NetApp to backup NDMP Netbackup

Dear all,   Quick question, should i start FCP services in NetApp to backup NDMP via FC? I already config NetApp as NDMP host and detect Robotic Tape Library via NDMP host.   Best regards, Iqbal

MSI_iqbal by Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

NDMP issue. error status: 86: media position error

We have been using NDMP to backup NetApp snapshot for about 2 years now. Since yesterday a new issue as arise. All ndmp backup are failing, either on status 86, media position or on status 24, socket write failed(24).   20/01/2015 11:43:19 AM - Inf...

plsl by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! DXI path to tape NDMP restores

Hi All, I have a configuration whereby netbackup backs up to a Quantum DXI disk pool and then path to tape backups (NDMP) through the DXI to an i6k for tape archiving. My plan is to remove the i6k from the DXI and connect it to a newly added NBU ap...

steve75 by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! netbackup 7.5 netapp lto6 drive issue

setting up a dr netbackup environment at another location.  both environments are similar, linux master/media, netbackup 7.5.0.6, adic/quantum tape library, ibm lto6 tape drives.  at the new site the netapp returns an incorrect "format:" from the "mt...

Replication director - snapshot import failed (4213)

Hello   We use the Netbackup replication director for our netapps. I have the following workflow: snap of filer1 -> replicate to filer2 -> backup to tape the snapshot and the replication works very well but the backup to tape gives me the error ...

Lumpi by Level 4
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! the restore failed to recover the requested files(5) - NDMP Restore

Hello, I'm trying to restore a single file from a NDMP backups done using Netbackup 6.5.6. The restore is failing with the Error "the restore failed to recover the requested files(5)". I have tried restoring it to the original\different location t...

toshb by Level 3
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hitachi HNAS NDMP Sicherung zu langsam

Hallo. Eine Hitachi HNAS NDMP Sicherung über 8TB läuft bei mir 5Tage. Im Schnitt werden ~22MB/Sekunde gesichert und es handelt sich um viele keine Files. Früher hatten wir einen  EMC Filer und da konnte ich Tuning Parameter in der "Backup Selection...

Labels