Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! Cannot get wildcards to work on a NDMP backup

Master is on 7.6.0.2 and running AIX Media Servers (5230) is on 7.6.0.2 Tried root_vdm_1/Home/Home/[a-jA-J}* and root_vdm_1/Home/Home/a* but get status error 106 (paths is incorrect)

Resolved! how archiving is happening in netbackup?

Hi Team,   can any one please expline how archacing is happening in netbackup ?. and how it is deleting data after duplication is don .means how it is deleting dae datain a primary location? 

sravya by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! not able to NDMP restore from duplicated LTO6 tape only

Hi Team, IHAC on NDMP restore issue, any help would be helpful. we took NDMP backup to LTO3 tape successfully & able to restore the same data well -> duplicated the tape (NBU gui -> catalog) to LTO6 tapes (with different tape library but attach...

techiie by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NetApp Snapvault... Wildcards?

I know that wildcards in NDMP backups is a new thing... I'm running 7.6.0.3. We have just started using a new netapp snapvault, and it doesn't seem to like wildcards... but I can run a backup without a wildcard, and it's fine. Is this because it's ...

spitman by Level 5
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup 7.6 - Backup only files older than x

I have a 250TB Hitachi data store than I can backup just fine thru NDMP policy types using Netbackup 7.6. How do I direct Netbackup to only backup files OLDER THAN 1 YEAR?  I have searched, help file'd, and asked my vendor, I cannot seem to find th...

Resolved! Netbackup NDMP Restore Error

Hi, I'm attemping to complete an NDMP restore but am receiving the following error in the job log (I've had to sanitise for security reasons): 24/09/2014 9:54:52 AM - begin Restore 24/09/2014 9:54:53 AM - 1 images required 24/09/2014 9:54:53 AM -...

Seonix by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Can't add NDMP filer on NetBackup Admin Console

Hi guys   I have a problems when try to add NDMP filer by Configure Storage Devices on NetBackup Administration Console. One of my NAS failed to add show message as a below picture.    I have four NAS devices on network system but the other thr...

Backing up big data through NDMP

Hi Guys, We have volume size of 42TB data to be backup with local NDMP backup going to tape library, it is taking more than 20 days to complete, luckly we don't have much network issues. I was wondering if some one suggest me having succesful backu...

Sagar_K by Level 3
Partner
  • 31 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NDMP Restoration Failing

Hello All, I am facing one NDMP restoration issue.Kindly find the details follow: 1) We are taking NDMp backup with VBB option on one location.Below is the path configured in the policy. SET TYPE = VBB SET SNAPSURE = Y /root_vdm_1/voicelgrprd_FS...

Resolved! Need some clarification on backing up NetApp NDMP in cluster-mode.

I've been reading up on the documentation for backing up a NetApp NAS in cluster mode via NDMP. My environment is 7.5.0.6, with RH Linux master and media servers, backing up to Data Domains. My storage admin wants to know if we can backup via the vi...

LT2013 by Level 4
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup 7.1 NDMP on Dell FS7500

We have close to 7TB of NAS volume , we do backup using NDMP . Having issues with level 1,2,xx when doing the backups , we do however can get a full backup without any issues. Our config is simple we don't have any variable set nor these parameters s...

Resolved! Configuring NetBackup NDMP option

I am in the process of configuring the NDMP option for NetBackup to backup Shares on a NetApp storage. However the tape library is connected to the NetBackup Media server. I already installed the NDMP license. I am yet to add the NDMP Host. What I wo...

Sacha_Brown by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

NDMP backup of Netapp-Filer fails - sometimes (Status 23)

hi all!   i have a problem backing up a netapp filer via NDMP, but only sometimes setup: Single Masterserver/Mediaserver with W2k8R2 and Netbackup 7.5.0.5, LTO-Library and Netapp-3020 Filer the NDMP dump itself is successful, both times, but ther...

rgd by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NDMP host not listed when creating tape device in Netbackup

Hi, I am setting up a backup using NDMP devices and I have successfully used the tpconfig -add command to set up the NDMP host and it is listed in Netbackup NDMP credentials (netbackup 7.5) . I can also use the tpautoconf to verify that the connectio...

markarkphire by Not applicable
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netapp VFiler backup

HI All, What will be the backup selection for the share created in Vfiler? We are able to backup filer through NDMP and I don’t see NDMP commands listed in Vfiler We have NetBackup 7.6.01 in our environment.

Resolved! NDMP backups - prioritizing streams in backup selection

Hi All, We are taking NDMP backups from EMC VNX filer. In the backup policy, we have about 105 streams out of which 8 streams run at a time(due to stream limitation on the datamover). Among the 105 streams in backup selection, we have about 15 stream...

NDMP Drive down and cannot up

Dear All,      I need to solve issue about NDMP Tape device down. Tape drive will down in a few minute after I try to up. and I try to verify anything and it's ok but I cannot find out solution to solve this problem.   +LTID log +++++++++++++++++++++...

animalman by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels