Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! Reason for policy deactivation

Hello.   We have found some policies deactivated in our Netbackup deployment. I would like to know if there is a place/log that we can check in order to identify the reason or date of the deactivation of such policies.   Best regards.

Resolved! network error, Backup going to hung state

Hi, Recently am facing backup failure for the few clients before it worked fine. Pls provide solution to rectify it Client OS :Windows 2012 R2 Std Master Server: AIX 10/16/2015 02:00:30 - Info nbjm (pid=28967070) starting backup job (jobid=5681) ...

Resolved! File restore virtual server 2102 R2 deduplicated VM backup

I need to restore files from a WIndows 2012 R2 virtual server that is deduplicated in the OS.  We tried the restore with an error 2820.  The VM files were backed up when the software was NetBackUp 7.6.0.2 and have since upgraded to NetBackUp 7.7. The...

welchda by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup Tape Backup Fail

Hi We are using Symantec Netbackup 7.5 with Dell Tape Drive attached to the master server. We created a policy (Type=Full Backup) (Time Window= 1hour) to backup a data(Total Size=40GB) to tape. The following message shows up during backup process ...

Resolved! How to backup activity monitor logs?

Hi All, I often get trapped in critical condition where I need to check activity monitor logs ( Detailed Status info.) but as we all know we cannot get back the deleted entries details from activity monitor. We can just find which job had run and wh...

Resolved! Symantec Netbackup Date/Time Format

Hi. We are using Symantec Netbackup 7.5 . I created a policy with BasicDisk as storage. I would like to understand the parameters formatting used in the attached .info file    

Resolved! Recovery Without Import

Hi, Our customer has two servers (Primary and Secondary site) with different server name and IP address. Both servers have NetBackup version 7.6.0.1.   Tapes from primary site that doing the backups needs to restore on the secondary site. As imp...

nbuengr by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BMR SRT Creation error

Hi ,      I am trying to create SRT in a RHEL6 Boot server and it is giving me the below error , any idea how to fix this ?     Select one of the following options:     1.  Create a new Shared Resource Tree.     2.  Create a new CD image based ...

Leed_Engineer by Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NBAC Implementation on the Netbackup 7.6.0.1

Hello Everyone, I have been assigned to implement Access Management on the current release. I have questions about implementing NBAC   1- When I issue the commands to implement this, what happens to our users current access? 2- Will they be able ...

Kernal by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Restore Failing in NetBackup 7.5.0.4 on server 2008

Hi, we have NBU 7.5.0.4 running from last year and we never faced any issue, since last few days i noticed that we are unable to restore from archive now. i can see that tapes are in the library and drives are available but its returning "No Drives ...

Resolved! Backup getting failed with 636

Backup of a SAN media server getting failed with error 636.   Snippet from bpbkar logs:   16> dtcp_write: TCP - failure: send socket (560) (TCP 10054: Connection reset by peer) 22:26:16.751 [25536.1356] <16> dtcp_write: TCP - failure: attempted ...

Resolved! bptestbpcd: EXIT status = 25 cannot connect on socket

Hi I'm getting EXIT status = 25 cannot connect on socket error when I use the following command from the master server (Linux) to the client (Linux)  /opt/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bptestbpcd  -verbose -debug  -client   s56upapp620-bak DNS reso...

alisdad by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! New backup design

Hi All, I am very new to this Symantec Netbackup. I need some information that what are the key points to consider to define new backup solution in netbackup .   Thanks, Anto

Resolved! List of NetBackup 7.* Certification

Dear Expert,   What is the latest list of NetBackup Certification for Partner and Customer? SCS SCSP STS STO? Which 1 is for Partner or customer? What available version of NetBackup certification (7.5\7.6\7.7)?   Thanks.

Rookies by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Netbackup licenses, how many clients and drives?

Hello guys, I'm not very familiar with Netbackup licensing (in my previous company we had a department dedicated only for that). My question is, in my environment when I check the active licenses, this is the information I have: Base Netbackup - 5 ...

NetBackup 7.7.1 Java GUI: get rid of text window?

I had thought that in the new version of the java GUI that the black text window was going away...? Or is there a switch somewhere I need to flip? Apologies if there's a thread about this somewhere that I missed... Thanks :)

spitman by Level 5
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Media Manager Killed by Signal (82)

For the past few days on a few of my duplication jobs I'm receiving the followin error message: Nothing has changed in my environment so I'm not sure why all of the sudden I'm getting these.  Any help would be appreciated. 10/15/2015 3:04:02 AM - be...

AMY_DPS by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! How to confiugre tape library in Linux master server

Hi All, Please help me to configure/install the new tape library on netbackup linux master server . Netbackup version :- 7.5 Master server Os :-Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.7 Tape Library ;-  TS3310 Tape library is connected to swit...

NikitaC by Level 3
  • 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Duplication from NetBackup 7.0.1 to 7.6.1.2

Hello, I'm upgrading our NetBackup environment gradually from version 7.0.1 to version 7.6.1.2. Currently we have already upgraded the master and a media server to version 7.6.1.2. Can a media server in version 7.0.1 duplicate its backup images to ...

Labels