Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

BPCD EXIT STATUS 46

Hi, Job with the status of a policy incorrectly resulted in 59 tries. Later on this policy as a Remote Backup Folder Selection Tab you define a new backup selection "Unable to connect to Netbackup host xxxxx" receiving message. Firstly tired to usin...

Resolved! Netbackup 7.0.1 with Data Domain OST plugin

We are using SLPs to replicate data backup images from one DD to another . While the duplication job is showing successful on the source and I can see space getting used up in the target , we are not able to see the source backup images in the target...

Resolved! NBDB error.

I stop the nbu server using netbackup stop. And then I can not start the netbackup. In the /usr/openv/db/log/server.log there are some errors: I. 07/26 13:07:22. Using a maximum page size of 4096 bytes I. 07/26 13:07:22. Starting database "NBDB" (/u...

How to test a BMR?

We would like to do periodic testing of our BMR backups.  I can perform a BMR just fine but the problem is that the restore comes up and becomes a duplicate machine on the network since the original is still online. How can I do a BMR "offline" so I ...

195 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Duplicate data backups during hardware refresh process

We're beginning our hardware refresh process and are running into the same issue we have in the past, user gets a new machine which has a new machine name, data is transferred via external usb drive from old machine to new and DLO begins backing up t...

whybother by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup upgrade query

Hi all, I am trying to upgrade from  6.5.4 direct to 7.1. I just want to know if I would face any issues or anything special is to be kept in mind with regards to the licenses. I have taken the upgaded keys from the customer care. also one thing whic...

Resolved! Getting NetBackup master clustered

Getting NetBackup master server clustered used to be supported by Symantec consultant team but now Symantec got rid of Symantec consultant department in Australia, so anyone knows who supports this work(get NBU master clustered) now?  The company tha...

joe_guo by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restore a file

We are running Netbackup 6.5.4. Production side is a 2-node SFW-HA 5.1 A/P local cluster hosting one instance of NetBackup 6.5.4 in 64-bit Windows 2003 environment. The DR side is a 1-node local cluster, which is on standby in case the production si...

PD001 by Level 5
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup 6.5.6 BMR Solaris 9 Sun SAN packages

I am running NB 6.5.6 on all servers (master, media, bmr boot server, clients). I am trying to add the SUN SAN packages to the Solaris 9 SRT. This is needed for SAN attached Solaris 9 servers. The packages are not built in like in Solaris 10. The s...

Resolved! errors while making bmr of solaris 10 sparc netbackup 71

i try to make bmr backup of solari 10 sparc machine with zfs filesystem - i've got following error :   2011-03-24 18:18:53 - Error bpbrm (pid=4648) BMRERR: Received BMR error: Failed to import Config file. (1) 2011-03-24 18:18:53 - Error bpbrm (pid=...

OpenVMS - backup options

Do any of the VMS folks out there miss not having the /LIST=  or /INTERCHANGE options that are available options for the VMS BACKUP utility? Because of the way our backups are performed for our application - files created say "today" may not be backe...

CRailey by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! unable to configure Puredisk storageserver

Master 7.01 media 7.01 Puredisk 6.6 Able to configure storageserver on master server but when right click > change > on the puredisk from admin console and checked media server . i got a credential error .

demo4119 by Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Tracking off-site vendor media ids in NBU

Greetings. NBU 7.0.1, with a NetApp VTL, duplicating to LTO4 tapes for offsiting. Our offsite vendor uses their own media id and sticker for their tracking/storing purposes. Is there a way to track this in NBU? Some EMM field somewhere, perhaps? :) W...

Resolved! NetBackup problem

Experts, We have a strange behavior on our backup: Product: Veritas NetBackup 4.5, OS: Solaris 9. On policy schedule tab (See image below), when we deactivate the option “Retries allowed after runday” no backup is performed and the bpsched logfile sh...

DjamelAD by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Creating snapshot policy

We are currently testing using NetBackup snapshot policies with Hitachi ShadowImage. I have some questions that I'm hoping you geniuses and gurus can answer for me. Our environment: NetBackup 7.0 Master Server on AIX 5.3 ML11 NetBackup 7.0 Media Serv...

RGuinn by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netbackup Desktop and Laptop Option (DLO) Forum?

Is there a Forum for just Netbackup Desktop and Laptop Option (DLO) ?  Or am I to wade through all content in the Netbackup Forum to find DLO info?  If wading through the Netbackup Forum for DLO only related info (such as a search...)  is there a mea...

sjtsnix by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ubuntu 10.04 client with Net Backup 7

I am doing a trial of NB 7 and am attemping to backup my Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit server (whole reason I am doing NB instead of backup exec).  However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to install the client.  I DO NOT have a Linux or UNIX media s...

Meg_G by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

VEXIT STATUS 23 Open VMS

Hi,  I'm triying to add an OpenVMS I64client, when ia display it in the client properties it cannot connect. making the connectivity test with bpclntcmd it seems to be working, but it doesn't connect anyway: NBU> sh ser %NBU-I-CONNECT, connect to s...

peter12 by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels