Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! Restore Data Icon Meaning e.g lightining icon in backup data

Hello Friends, I am looking out list of the icons & its meaning which shown under BAR GUI in backup data while restoring. e.g lightining icon in backup data while restoring means there is link pointing to other location... can someone has it or gu...

Weshall by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Need to restore backup from a tape on different master server

Hi All ,   We are going to do data migration form location A(source) to location B(destination).Now we have netbackup master servers at both location . We are planning to take backup of data from location A file servers on tape through netbackup a...

BMR restore failed with status 2808 on VMware

Hello My BMR restore failed with status 2808. I have changed MAC address to match with the new one and started boot with SRT image to target VMware. I try to find the source of problems but couldn't find out. Can someone help me please?      Master S...

yotsapat by Level 3
Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Appliance 5230/Media server/BMR

Hi, i have configured appliance 5230 as a media server, I have check BMR admin guide that the BMR option can be enabled from GUI if the appliance configured as master server, what about if the appliance is configured as a media server?   Thanks Tha...

NBU关于仅有备用的“备份数据”的恢复数据办法?

大家好:         这样一个场景,我用的7.0.1的NBU版本,client(media)server和master server均运行在Windows Server enterprise 2008 R2操作系统上,备的是操作系统上的文件,生产站点的阵列lun映射到media server上用作备份空间,当master server 和生产站点上的client(media)server、阵列均故障了,唯一留下的就是生产站点上用作备份空间lun上的数据通过阵列间的异步远程复制到灾备站点的阵列...

Ivy-xu by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NBU 7.5 & LINUX & BACKUP & RESTORE TO DIFFERENT MACHINE

i was a master server,nbu version is netbackup 7.5 a file of client a was backuped to master server client b restored this file The master server was indicate: 09/15/2013 23:25:28 - begin Restore 09/15/2013 23:25:28 - number of images required: 1 09/...

Resolved! Auto-assignment of tapes in logical library

Hi,   I have been facing a problem with tapes. Most of the times required tapes are already available in the physical libraries, but not assigned to any logical library. At the same time, if i run the inventory on the master server, i can't see the t...

archive bit

Is there any one knows why archive bit ? and who controle archive bit ? how server  find archive bit  status?

Restore backup using PowerShell

Hi,   I would like to automate some Oracle E-Business Suite clone. My customer is using netbackup to store the file system backup. I would like to restore backup on a new node using Powershell script. Is there any netbackup library or packages availa...

Mirs by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! backup Performence

how to improve backup performance(For example I am running a backup  operation it is taking 10 hours (consider ) then I need it  to finish  it within 5 hours or below mean as early as possible is it possible or not if possible means how Give me an ex...

Resolved! SLP

What is SLP? why SLP? what are the disadvantages and advantages of SLP? is there is any alternative is there for slp? what is deduplication can u give an example for deduplication?

Resolved! backup & restore performance

how to improve backup and restore performance(For example I am running a backup or restore operation it is taking 10 hours (consider ) then I need it  to finish  it within 5 hours or below mean as early as possible is it possible or not if possible m...

Resolved! command to display the schedule name of the policies

Hi Team, need help here. May i know the command that displayed the schedule name of the policies. i used bppllist -U but its only display the policy name. i just want to display also the schedule name. sample: policy name schedule name test Full back...

Agent47 by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! solution = restore to remote site

Hi there, This would be my first post. I have scenario whereby i need to restore my data to new remote site. Basically need simple solution to complete restore by this weekend - super urgent task. Primary site setup; Master server = Windows 2008 Serv...

imra2013 by Level 4
  • 53 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Retrieving details of resource pools - Failed system call failed (11) with Alternate location Option (Netbackup 7.5.0.3)

Hello,   I have got error " Retrieving details of resource pools - Failed system call failed (11) " after i had tried to recover virtual machine with Alternate location option.      Here is the pertinent information and error details: Client: Windo...

Phanuphan by Not applicable
Partner
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels