Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Netbackup 7.6 BasicDisk and Media Server HA on MS Cluster

Hi, I have installed two Netbackup Master Server on two node of MS Windows Cluster 2012 and I have installed two Stand-Alone Media server on to  phyzical server. I want to run High Availability in backup and restore between my media servers and sto...

mohamad86 by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Duplication via SAN

Hi Guys, I'm having problem to make my SLP to run via SAN and hope you guys can help me or give me some ideas on this. Here's my environment details. All Netbackup running on version 7.7.2 1 master server - Linux Redhat41 clients - Linux RedhatTh...

Resolved! Should I use the same storage for OS part and Backup DB part?

We are trying to set up Linux server for the backup server, and are using NetApp storage for the both OS part and Backup data part. We have two different type of stroage both from NetApp. One is FAS which has a lot of storage based functions, and su...

Resolved! Library not enabled - Drive Control is AVR

We have just added to our environment, a new NBU 7.6.0.2 Linux media server that sits behind a firewall. The new media server is configured for SSO and has access to all SAN attached drives in-scope, emm server shows correctly, all drives show UP an...

Resolved! How to backup Netapp Ex2724 San with Netbackup 6

Hi All   We have purchased a Netapp E series SAn EX2724,this can be managed only through SANtricity Stirage Manager Client. I need to know How I can configure Netbackup software v 7 to backup the LUN that is provided by the above NetappSAN to foll...

Resolved! Inventory Window does not show any robots in Java Console

Hi Experts, Environment: Master and Media servers running on Linux, NBU version 7.6.0.2. Tape Libraries: StorageTek SL3000, Firmware 3.61 We recently replaced LTO4 Tape Drives with LTO6 Tape Drives on our 2 STK SL3000 Tape libraries. The upgrade ...

Resolved! Direct Attached Tape drives to SAN Configuration

Hello, I have a situation where I have a Dell ML6000 with 2 LTO-5 SAS drives.  The only place on my network that I can connect these SAS drives is directly into my NetApp filers.  If I were to directly attach the tape drives to the NetApp, how would ...

Resolved! Netbackup Client with only SAN connectivity to Server, no LAN

Using a Netbackup 5230, and have a requirement to backup 2 servers that have only SAN connectivity to the appliance, no LAN connectivity possible.  The FC configuration is complete and they can see each other, however, how exactly do I add the client...

Resolved! Appliance 5230/Media server/BMR

Hi, i have configured appliance 5230 as a media server, I have check BMR admin guide that the BMR option can be enabled from GUI if the appliance configured as master server, what about if the appliance is configured as a media server?   Thanks Tha...

Resolved! Requirements FT Media Server

Hello All,   I'm trying to configure a Linux FT Media Server, I reviewed the HCL and SCL docs, but I cannot find which are the CPU, disk, memory requirements for FT media Server, does anybody have this information? And by the otherside, I know it req...

Di_Ro by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

NBU 7.5 backup for SAP R/3 on IBM AIX power server.

Hi We have the following details. 1. OS - IBM AIX 6.1 2. Server Hardware - IBM Power 740 server. 3. Application - SAP R/3 (ECC 6.0 with EHP 5.) 4. Database - Oracle 11g. 5. Fiber Optical - All server is connected  with FC with a FC Cisco switch. 6. T...

archive bit

Is there any one knows why archive bit ? and who controle archive bit ? how server  find archive bit  status?

Resolved! backup Performence

how to improve backup performance(For example I am running a backup  operation it is taking 10 hours (consider ) then I need it  to finish  it within 5 hours or below mean as early as possible is it possible or not if possible means how Give me an ex...

Resolved! SLP

What is SLP? why SLP? what are the disadvantages and advantages of SLP? is there is any alternative is there for slp? what is deduplication can u give an example for deduplication?

Resolved! backup & restore performance

how to improve backup and restore performance(For example I am running a backup or restore operation it is taking 10 hours (consider ) then I need it  to finish  it within 5 hours or below mean as early as possible is it possible or not if possible m...

Slow data stream on RedHat 5.8 with Netbackup 7.5.0.3

All, I have a problem with a slow data stream when running a Netbackup Media Server 7.5.0.3 on RedHat 5.8. We are migrating systems from Solaris 10 to RedHat 5.8. The speed on Solaris 10 is about twice as fast as the RedHat 5.8 system. Also, we have ...

Resolved! Shared Storage priority

I have a Unix NBU 7.1.0.4 Master/Media server with 6 tape drives, and a windows NBU media server sharing one of those drives. The windows server is being used for VMWare backups.   Any idea how I can give priority of the shared drive to the Windows N...

Jevon by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Need a patch for ETrack 2291889

I really need some help with an NDMP problem.  I'm working with a company whose previous IT staff left the department in shambles.  They've got an install of NBU 7.0 that's running NDMP over SSO to a small library, on RHEL 5.0.  After correcting a nu...

Labels