Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

VxBSACreateObject: Failed with error

Hi all, I need your help, my manager Netbackup on a Windows 2008 operating system and Netbackup 7. We have an integration with RMAN but when I run the backup sguente send us the error. The owner for Oracle engine is ORACLE  and the NetBackup with an...

Korio by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

EMM interface initialization failed, status = 334

hello I find this error in my event viewer  , the server OS 2008 standerd the Netback version 7.0.1   I read about similar case http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH46255  wich is for windos 2003 but i find a defferent  ...

Exchang 2010 with NetBackup 7.1 the backup partially successful

hello I face a problem wich backup partially successful , thats mean the back up not success I find that the logs drive completly full (100 GB ) and the mailboxDB normal only (35 GB used) the server stopper reciving Email , so I move some of the logs...

wabbas77 by Level 3
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Segmentation fault while executing bpexpdate

We are getting Segmentation fault error while executing bpexpdate command. Before 2 or 3 weeks we have update netbackup version from 7.0 to 7.0.1 Any suggestions????? And i am getting this error for other commands also Error logs: [root@uidbkp001 adm...

Sabarna by Level 4
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netbackup media manager service

When were netbackup media manager is start the service go down error -Emm interface initilization failed, status = 334   error- unable to connect to teh EMM Server (77)

Resolved! Exchange mail box restore is failing with error code 5 in NBU6.5.4

Hi, Exchange mail box restore is failing with error code 5 in NBU6.5.4. Trying to restore one mail box to some folder on master server. Exchange server is also a media server. Master and media are on windows 2003 server.   Please help   Thanks in...

Chiru by Level 3
Certified
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Error in disestor recovery prewizard.

While trying the wizard for disastor recovery, I am getting the error as follows:- "Cannot create or find the disastor recovery " But I have installed the netbackup agent already intalled Thanks.

could not build host list, database system error [NB 7]

Good day! excuse me for my bad english =) my question will be about netbackup 7 installed on win2k3 SE R2 SP2 with tape library a few days ago in reports i`ve seen error with status "0" could not build host list: database system error. Trubleshuter ...

Netbackup 7 Beta Exams

Hi All Netbackup Fans, Beta Exams are scheduled and you can try for the free voucher. Just to benefit all putting it here the email extract from Symantec Learning. Thanks and Wish You all the very Best -Satkay Satish ============== Call for...

Netbackup 7 - BMR for Solaris X64 Problem (SRT Creation ERROR)

Hi All, My Netbackup master server: Solaris 10 Update 8, x64 + Netbackup 7   I tried to use Solaris 10 Update 5,6,7,8 to create the SRT for Solaris BMR but all fails.   Below is the log. Does anyone has idea about it? I already logged the ...

Ivan_Siu_at_HK by Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup Synthetic Full backups

Hello All, One small and good question, I am planning for Synthetic backups, I know the process how it works but one thing I am unable to understand is as Synthetic backup is nothing to do with the client, For example sunday regular full backup t...

anasser by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Netbackup

Hello please help I  made a full backup , now i need to restore data to a  new server but i get the following error when i perform restore

Require a demon license about advanced client on NBU6.0

Hi,everyone, we are using Veritas NBU6.0 on Sun Solaris9 , no new maintenance contract now. Order Details Customer Name: MITAC COMPUTER (KUNSHAN) CO LTD Customer Number: 58440521 Order Number: 61011136 Quantity Purchased : 1   Installed At Ad...

kylix by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup 6.5 differential

Hi, I am having Veritas netbackup 6.5.5 on windows 2003 sp2 . i am facing some issue while taking file server backup through differential ,actually size of backup is not reducing when i am taking backup through differential..(Snap attach for ref)...

Labels