Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Design consideration, please share your thoughts

Hi We are going to have a Backup environment, where Solaris with netbackup 6.5 is application ( master ) server.  We will be having 200 clients.  I would like to know the following in designing the environment, i will be most thankful on sharing you...

RMAN scripts

Dear Team, We are new to RMAN backups. could some one please send the the RMAN script templates and Netbackup integration steps.. Regards, Ashok

ashokb by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! how to erase the data's on the tape

Hi, For testing I have taken some backups on the otape. I need to delete that backups from the tape.Its showing some mounts on the volume. If I give the quick erase in the GUI, It's thowing error like"bplable on the tape cannot revolk remotely". can...

Solaris 6.5 to 6.5.3 upgrade issues

Hi, Trying to upgrade my Solaris x86 Master from 6.5 to 6.5.3. For some reason it just keeps failing asking for the 6.5.3 CLT and vice versa for the master server patch...they are all there. I've done multiple deletes, re-downloaded, etc, tried wi...

Netbackup deosn't eject tape after job

Hi.  We have Veritas Netbackup 6.5 and we are having problems with the tapes.  Netbackup do not eject the tapes until they are full.  We need that the tapes are ejected after the job are completed for audit porpuse.  Is their a way that we can change...

Downloading the trail version of veritas netbackup 7

In 2010, in  which address I  could  download the  trail version  of  veritas netbackup 7? I've been using veritas  netbackup 6.5.4 + vmware vshpere, using   the vdr to  backup vms. Backuping vms with Netback...

Services are not running on the media server

Hi All I have faced on problem during the backup When i have stsrted the backup backup is going into the quieeeand it shows the  message waiting for the resources. I have check the services on the media server some of the services are not running....

um_umesh by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

File List windows

Hi, i have windows 2k3 with netbackup 6.5.3, i cant scroll the scroll bar on the 'activity monitor' job details windows under 'job overview' tab. thanks

mahmedp by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SQL Restore problem on Netbackup 5.1

Hello dear all. I´m trying to make a restore on a SQL Database. But when i run the script i get this error: # This batch file was created for an operation on host SVEV0055 using # the SQL Server instance <default>. # Move this file to the Ve...

kapotes by Level 4
  • 29 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! unable to write on the tape

Hi, In our setup veritas netbackup came out of firewall last week.Due to this servers was  assigned with new hostname for a paricular interface for netbackup.I have changed that new names and new segment of IP's. I have reconfigured the srorage unit...

Resolved! Net backup 6.5.5 compatible with IBM ULT3580 TD4

Hi , I am having Windows 2003 standard with SP2 server .on this server Veritas NEtbackup 6.5.5 Ver is running .... Ealier on this IBM LTO -2 drive is connected . Now we had procure IBM ULT3580 TD4 -SAS ,Is this device is compatible with Veritas......

Resolved! move catalog

Hi, My catalog database is taking huge space and i want to move some part of the catalog into different drive. My Setup is NetBackup 5.1 running on Solaris Server. Can i move the catalog by client basis? Regards, Fahis

fahis by Level 3
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

remote office and netbackup

Site is currently using BackupExec, but person at site (non IT) is not managing properly.   The server located at remote office is Windows2003 (used as a general file and print server) and is 120GB.   Only 35-40 users access the system, so data chang...

What and How is NetBackup 7

Hello Guys, I hope you are started evaluating NetBackup 7.0. It have lot of new features. Here are some of them. New features: Integrated deduplication ■ Client deduplication ■ Media server deduplication ■ OpsCenter ■ Convergence of NOM and VBR ...

Labels