Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! upgrading to version 7

Hey Everyone,   I am currently running NetBackup version 6.56 and need to upgrade as 6.5 is getting close to end of life.  I am looking for you recomendataions on what version of NetBackup 7 to upgrade to.  I got a recomendation from symantec support...

kproehl by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SQL jobs randomly failing and locking databases (7.5.0.1)

I have a single sql policy with 5 sql servers in the job.  Since the upgrade to 7.5.0.1 i have noticed that almost everyday 1 or 2 of these servers has a stream that is stuck on active for a single database. When this happens the database on the sql ...

Stanleyj by Level 6
  • 21 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! show all policies , selecting by a client name

Hello! Can you please tell me, what command(s) could be used to show all policies to which specified client belongs to? Ofcourse I could verify each of my defined NBU policies one by one from GUI, where is my client, but I need a quicker way to do it...

puga by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Vault policies and profiles

We currently use vault policies with profiles that filters for schedules to backup by vault profiles. a daily vault policy will run each day and capture every schedule that has run that day that has daily and incr in the schedule name. same with week...

DEJohn by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Robot Inverntory

Hello, We installed new media server: NBU version 7.1 OS: AIX 7 Robot: ACS. But we have a problem, when the inventory finish at the end of process always display this: Queried volume list has no entries Someones knows where is the error?

Resolved! Status code 90 when backin up quorum drive

Hello, Has anyone seen status code 90 when backing up all local drives, All the drive backups are successful except Quorum Drive which is 1 gb in size     10:36:15 - requesting resource SG_T950_FULL 05/17/2012 10:36:15 - requesting resource nbmaster1...

nbuadmin1 by Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

NDMP backup failing with status 25 and 23

Recently I have setup a new backup job for some 4TB volumes on a IBM Nseries N6040 filer but have been getting the below errors: 17/05/2012 05:38:23 - Error bpbrm(pid=2576) db_FLISTsend failed: cannot connect on socket (25) 17/05/2012 05:38:51 - Err...

j083418 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! adding new Netbackup client on 6.5.6

Hello there, I am adding a new Netbackup client on my master.  The client OS is: Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise (x64). Which Hardware and OS type should I select in Netbackup? PCx64, Windows 2008  OR  PCx64, WindowsNET Does it even matter which one I sel...

ESM_Admin by Level 4
Partner
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Push media server entry to 300 Client

I have a server where in Most of the client are set to master server . Later we have build a media server where in we want to ensure it take off the Load from the master server. I want to push the media server entry to all the client ..in bp.conf (Un...

Resolved! SQL backup failure

Hi folks i configured a SQL backup recently which failed shows some strange error in logs. I have marked ? in logs as well. plz explain n suggest some troubleshooting steps:                                In SQL backup pollicy DB named KDB fails to b...

rookie11 by Moderator
   VIP   
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network time out 41

Hi Folks I have client server solaris 9 whose backup since past few days is failing with netwrok time out 41. i hav increased client time out setting to 3600.below is bpbkar logs :   21:18:22.273 [14363] <2> logparams: bpbkar32 -r 3628800 -ru root -d...

rookie11 by Moderator
   VIP   
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup/Archive Job Logs needed

I am running NetBackup 7.1 on a CentOS (Red Hat) server. I am looking for a way to check the job logs (even if I have to copy them off the server to preserve them) for paths that were backed up as well as the media used. Note: I may have to go bac...

Netbackup Migration

I am currently running Netbackup 7.1 Enterprise Server. We are experiencing disk space issues. What I am trying to do is migrate Netbackup to a larger partition on a different Disk. I am assigning the original partition a new drive letter. Assigning ...

Doug_L1 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Best practices to create backup policies

What are the Best practices to create a backup policies and what should be avaoid to utilise maximum resources and cost effective ness.

NBU35 by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Claiming Reward Points & Cerfified Tag

Hi All, I had Reward Point Balance as 100. To redeem that I had selected $15 Amazon.com Certificate. Then it showed me went for Administrator Approval. Now in my Profile 100 Points has been Deducted.   How will I get the Redeemed Certificate / How wi...

Resolved! Problem with restore files after upgrade 7.5.0.1

Hi everyone, After upgrade to 7.5.0.1 of my nbu environment I have problems to restore files. Restore job terminate immediately and nothing done. I collected all log: From NBU admin console, job status: 10/05/2012 14:01:44 - begin Restore 10/05/2012...

Labels