Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup Catalog recovery with MSDP media server

I have a site with a 772 master server and a 772 media server, this is a remote site used as a target for AIR replication.  The master server has failed and I need to recover this server. Media server containing MSDP pool including primary copy of ca...

SYMAJ by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Frequency of NBU 7.7 discovering new SQL Instances automatically

How often does NBU 7.7 discover the newly created SQL instances? Manually it can be discovered from the UI and then the instance can be registered automatically to the instance group. What is the duration and can this be set from anywhere?

Mash_J by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! ANY MATERIALS FOR A FRESHER TO CRACK THE CERTIFICATION EXAM

Hi, i am fresher going to da certification on Netbackup tool. please give me any suggestions as : 1) which certification will help me a lot to work on Netbackup all kinds of services. 2) materials which can be helpful for cracking the exam other t...

Encryption Backup fails with Status Code 10

Hi all. I´m trying Encryption option on my Netbackup environment. I need to encrypt data on tapes. I followed these steps before check the Encryption Option on a test policy https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH67972 Also I configur...

Resolved! LINUX NFS MOUNT BACKUP

Hi All,   I need a solution regarding NFS Backup as per  below mentioned environment details.   our customer is have some of there files on NFS mount point on LINUX server, on the same server they want to install NetBackup Master server and attac...

mumair109917 by Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to delete disk storage unit (Disk type:- Open Storage)?

Hi All, I tried deleting disk storage unit and i.e., disk type is (Open Storage) But I recienving error message as "Storage Unit could not be deleted,status 1536 Storage unit or Storage unit group cannot be deleted beacuse it is referenced in a st...

Resolved! Backup and Recovery of NBU

Hi! Is there any documentation on where I can find information regarding backup and restoration on NBU? I would like to know if restoration is dependent on last full backup and last incremetal backup. This is for NBU 7.7 running on linux 6.5  Than...

nbuengr by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java Admin Console issue on Netbackup 7.7.1

Hi all,   I have a question on how to improve the process time when opening Device Configuration Wizard if some agent are in active   I saw the background process in command prompt, it will stuck into some inactive agent.   Can it set the time ...

need help setting up Netbackup ndmp backup alerts

Hello    We are using NBU 7.6.0.3 which is our master and media server same and backing up NDMP servers. Our Team has decided to configure email alerts for the ndmp backups and here are requirement mentioned below.   We have 4 departments and hav...

Resolved! Backing up LUNs provisioned to server

Our current setup for all our policy is set to backup "All Local Drives" but for some servers there are LUN's provisioned to them and is formatted and mounted to created directories. Something like: /dev/mapper/vg23-lvdata                       29...

gplus by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

NDMP backup fails with No drives are available(2001)

Hello I am trying to backup a NDMP server Netapp and it fails with  No drives are available(2001) The library is seen on master server 7.6.0.1 and also seen on ndmp server (netapp)  Connecting to host "ulkbfas-t2a" as user "root"... Waiting fo...

backup duplication performance issues

I have a similar issues as discussed in http://www.veritas.com/community/forums/using-bpdu... .​  I want to clarify if we list and identify the images need to cancelled and cancelled it, shall we call the cancelled backup duplicatye images again to b...

Cluster server issue

Hi Team,   We have a SFWHA NBU cluster on windows 2008 R2 systems working on NBU 7.6.0.3. Due to some issues we have lost the primary node and are now dependent on passive node. Is it possible for me to rebuild the loast (Prev active node using B...

BVshet by Level 5
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SAP HANA DB Backups

Hi  We are in phase of setting up SAP Hana SPS10 backups from Netbackup. Clients are on RHEL 6.5, NBU 7.6.0.3 I have read somewhere only NBU versions >= 7.6.1.2 SUpports FUll, INcr, Differential Incr backups of Hana DB. Does any NBU version prior...

NBU35 by Level 6
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! bpexpdate expire disk images promote tape images to primary

NBU 7.6.0.3 on RedHat Master Hello Forum,  Have a large number of disk backup images that were manually written to tape some time ago. I've confirmed all the disk backup images are the Primary copy and have a duplicate copy residing on tape.     ...

Resolved! NDMP tape drove config

Hi Team, I am planning to configure NDMP backups in my backup infra. I am using direct attached NDMP approach for my backups, was wondering is there any command specifically to configure tape drives to NDMP hosts. Please advice.

BVshet by Level 5
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Registering media server in EMM DB

1) If my media server has multiple interfaces(int1, int2, int3), but due to some issue only one interface(int1) is registered in EMM DB i.e nbemmcmd -listhosts only list int1 as media server. can I register remaining interfaces right away with nbemm...

NBU35 by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels