Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup 7.1 Exchange 2010

Hello Everybody   We are migrating the Lotus Notes email application to Outlook and we need to project a backup enviroment for the Exchange 2010. My doubt is i can do a backup off my offline database? My servers are configured like: There is 2 on my ...

Resolved! MSDP status 2074, but volume is not down

(Reposting here, didn't mean for this to be posted under PureDisk...)   Does anyone here have any experience yet using Cisco UCS blades as NBU media servers? We are migrating our existing Oracle x86 and Solaris Sparc media server hardware connec...

Resolved! Restore Error (2808)

Hi, I am trying to restore a directory for one of our users, I am running NBU7.5.0.5 with a RHEL Master Server and a Win2008 Media Server, the client is a VM clinet but the restore is from a standard backup not a VM backup, we cover the datadisks wit...

Detailed Job Activity History information

I'm interested in help with viewing job activity history once it is no longer displayed in the NBU java console.  Are there logs with that history?  Can I use OpsCenter (if so how)?  CLI?  I'm interested in detail information not the 40,000 foot view...

trs06 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exchnage 2012sp2 exchange replication writer showing status 5

we ware using NBU 7.5.0.4 on windows2012R2 sp1 exchage on dag2010 with 2 node ..OS windows2008 R2, Exchange 2010 sp2 for a particular node exchange backup not working,snap shot showing completed but backup session not starting .. exchange replicati...

Jomy by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to rename the Netbackup Host name

Hi Team,   My server has been rename server1 to server2,then after the renaming the server, my nbackup software is doesnt work anymore.   i try to add or type the name to server2 but its failed.   how can i change the server hostname of the veritas. ...

Agent47 by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SYSTEM STATE BACKUP FAILURE

client OS win 2008 NBU verison 7.1.0.2 system state backup failure GUI logs:   05/01/2013 01:00:17 - Info nbjm (pid=29552) starting backup job (jobid=2464324) for client CLIENT.ATT, policy POLICYNAME, schedule INCR 05/01/2013 01:00:18 - Info bpbrm (p...

rookie11 by Moderator
   VIP   
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

TLDCD process on AIX 6.1 media server keeps piling up

We have observing raise in numbet of tldcd process on our media server normally during tape rotaion, or some times not even when tape rotaion is happening. Number of tldc processes raises up to 100 sometims. I wanted to know if this is normal or is t...

COOLBLUE by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Need solution for tar file write error (10054)

Hi dudes, Am getting error as tar file write error 10054. kindly help me resolve this issue. thanks. As my master and media is up and able to piging. when am fire the backup its getting back of an half save sets only from the backup policy. its not g...

ajeekumar by Level 2
Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Unable to remove tape media

Hi All, I'm in the process of removing the VTL configuration from a master server running 7.5.0.4. I'm able to remove all but three tapes even where there are no current backup images on them. When I search for existing images on tape by going to Cat...

Yajith by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Scheduled jobs are not starting

I've been working on a problem for a little over a month and have managed to even stump the fine folks at Symantec so far, so I though I would reach out to all of you and see if I can get this fixed. Back in March, my scheduled jobs suddenly just sto...

db_FLISTsend failed: system call failed (11)

I installed Netbackup 7.5.0.4 in the beginning of December, 2012 to backup a NetApp via NDMP. The problem I am now experiencing is that the image directory in the openv/netbackup/db/ is pegged at 100% full. That partition is 146GB. There are aprox. 1...

Resolved! incorrect media found in drive index 0

I'm using Netbackup 7.1.   I have virtual tape library and physical standalone tape drive. Backup goes to VTL and I'm trying to duplicate images to the physical tape drive. There is  a physical tape inside the drive labeled HDW001 written a few days ...

mtimbol by Level 3
Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

backup hung on C:\

Hi folks 2 server window 2003 client server having same problem. NBU version 7.1.0.2. whenever backup runs it stays hung for C: and D: but finishs for shadow copy components.actions taken : killed bpbkar process, CPU utilization is ok, restarted NBU ...

rookie11 by Moderator
   VIP   
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Problem with Metal Restore Clients

Hello, I created a Policy with the Policy Type: MS-Windows. The Backup Selections are ALL_LOCAL_DRIVERS and System_State. In the Attributes tab the Bare Metal Restore options: Collect true image restore information and with move detection are selecte...

Is the Symantec support website messed up right now?

Can someone else go to http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag... and confirm that the Symantec web page is justified center and that you're unable to open cases online? I tried MS IE as well as Mozilla and am seeing the same results. I...

VMware Snapshop backup with error 156

Hi everybody,   I have been fighting with a problem envolving VMware backup using NetBackup 7.5.0.4 and ESX 5.0. When I start a job to backup virtual machines, I get the error as shown the attached file "ERROR1".     I got these erros on bpfis log:  ...

Labels