Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! Catalog Backup Failing with 2,50 and 96

Hi All, In our environment, cummulative incremental backup for catalog is failing with 2, 50 and 96. But the full backup is completing successfully, do we have any problem if the catalog incremental backup fails continuously as it has been failing s...

skrp by Level 4
Certified
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Silent install for NBU 7.6.0.1 Java

Hello I have am using in the NetBackup on quite a few of our comptures and can do the set up manually but I am looking for a silent installation solution. I know that I can silently install other NetBackup items. I have used the silentclient.cmd and...

SpazFu by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NetBackup Exclude List

Hi  I have 4 different servers on which symantec net backup is installed . I need to exclude *.trn  from all these four netbackup client properties. Now i do not want to manually enter all these servers and exclude those from the list individually. ...

Resolved! Suche NetbackupClient Version 6.5 für Windows (64bit)

Moinsen ! Für einen Test mit unserem altem Netbackup-Server Version 7.0 auf UNIX suche ich einen NetBackup-Client kleiner Version 7.0 . Hintergrund: Auf einigen Windows 7-Systemen lässt sich der Client Version 7.0 aufgrund eines Installer-Fehlers ...

Resolved! List all the clients duplicates.

Hello,   I am working to improve all of our policys. And, I'm searching if is it possible to create a list of all the backups clients duplicates with the policy name. For exemple, I want to know if the client A is backup in how many policy ? And w...

tifil by Level 2
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Tape ejection on tape library

Hi experts,       I am little bit confused regarding the ejection of media on tape-library..      1. what is the command used on solaris operating system        2. what is the operation used to eject media from the tape library       Please help...

Resolved! Restore for SQL database

As I am the netbackup starter..As we know the nbu for sql procedure is :  1. License creation 2. Batch creation 3.policy creation   So i need the information on how the restore for sql database ..does..please help me regarding thi please

Resolved! NetBackup Java-console acting weird. Only BAR panel

Hello Experts, It's a weird situation today as I see that my NBU Java console is coming up with BAR panel only. It has all been working fine up until yesterday with full access and when I try to login this morning, its coming up with BAR panel only...

Resolved! Java Console

I have to run NBU on a laptop with 1366x768 resolution.  The only problem I have is with the "Change Policy" window.  You can't see or get to the buttons at the bottom.  Anyway to reduce the size of the java screen?  This is Java 7.6.1.1

SLindo by Level 3
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SQL 62 Timer expired

Hi,   So we got this sql 2012 srv on win7 64bit with sysadmin+dbcreator+serveradmin roles. Netbackup client services running with the same user as sql. Netbackup SQL Agent is connected with SQL Server DBS. The NB Env. master 7.6.0.1 server it`s ...

Resolved! Trying to connect to netBackup using SSH

Hi, I am trying to write a Java program to connect to the netbackup master servers, get status reports of the back ups done on the servers and create graphs/tables. I am using JSch library to maintain the ssh connections. When I try to connect, I ge...

mkatouzi by Level 3
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Remote Administration Console for Win 7 32bit

Hi, I believe Remote Administration Console for NBU is not compatible for Win 7 - 32bit. Can you suggest some form of monitoring for nbu? Client insists on using their 32 bit machine. Thanks  

nbuengr by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Oracle RAC backup

Hi All, Please calrify, how to configure oracle RAC backup, provide me steps to be followed.

Labels