Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! UNABLE TO CONNECT EMM SERVER 77

Hi!   Actually i installed LOOPBACK ADOPTER FOR OBIEE IN MY SYSTEM IT AS IP ADDRESS 192.168.4.111 SAME IP ADDRESS IS USING NETBACKUP SERVER SO I AM GETTING ERROR UNABLE TO CONNECT EMM SERVER ERROR NO 77, PLEASE LET ME KNOW  HOW CAN I RESOLVE THIS PRO...

KBN by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! How to reboot the tape library

Hi can any one help me how to reboot the tape library we lost the communication on be half.so need to reboot the libraray.the tape library is NEO 4000.

madhuri by Level 4
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! When we will get like this errors

SR Serial Number: A0C0180425 SR Problem Summary: T036 - Drive Tape Alert 6 - Write Failure SR Error Code: 36 SR Severity: High Fault code generic :0 Fault code specific :11 Element type generic:UDS-3 Media Element Location :[0,1] Tape Drive Ser...

madhuri by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to resolve 58 error in nb cannot connect to socket

Hi    Iam getting the error 58    i can ping from the client when iam trying to load host properties gettting an error like cannot connect to socket how to solve this  in gui please reply me asap    

madhuri by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! W2K12 OS Issue

Dear Forum, I m trying to backup W2K12 Standard OS server Roles configured:- File and storage services , Hyper-V through NBU 7.5.0.6 but the server reboots in between. This issue has started only after the backup was provisioned for the server. Maste...

NBU2010 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to create the schedules

For  one policy : they are asking Window: Nightly, begin between 8pm and 8am as resources best allow.   For another policy :Window: Window: Twice daily,  how can i create the      How can i schedule please help me as soon as .

madhuri by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Duplication with one drive

Hello, I explain the situation, in my company we have net backup and dell tl4000 power vault with two drives as save robot. One of the drives is broken then we can work with only one. The question: “is there a possibility to do duplication without th...

riad by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Upgrade to 7.1.0.4 issue

I need a quick response where i am facing issue in upgrade.   Os : Windows 2003 Curent Netbackup version : 7.1.0.3 Upgraded to : 7.1.0.4   Upgrade completed successfully but after the upgrade nbemm database is not starting. Rebooted the server but co...

how to solve 2009

Hi   In one of the master server we are getting  the 2009 error how to solve this.

madhuri by Level 4
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

"No entity found" Error NBU java console 7.5.0.4

Hello, I'm trying to Restore this folder from my Windows Java Console on my laptop (Winows 7) This is the view from the Java Console And then I got the error No entity found. I have modified the "setconf.bat" file (SET NBJAVA_FILE_ENCODING=UTF-8) b...

Imbu by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! problem to restore a backup after harddrive replacement

Hello all, we use Netbackup in our company and last month my harddrive crashed and I got a new harddrive in my laptop. With the new harddrive I tried to restor my backup but unfortunately it was empty. Has somebody experience with restoring a backup ...

Resolved! NetBackup 7505 Java GUI suddenly stops working

A week ago, I changed my Windows 7 desktop theme and lost all my master servers listed in the java GUI.  I recreated the list manually, but it appeared that the GUI stopped reading my _vrts_nbe_NBELoginLists_vrts-nbe-AdminConsole_prefs.properties fil...

Resolved! Best Practice for NBU 7.1 Java Version on Windows 7 x64

After manual installation of the NBU Java Console on a workstation, I am having to modify permissions to the rootdrive\veritas folder for this application to work correctly.  Is that the best practice for this version on Windows 7 x64?

keason by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

netbackup remote admin console, inventory robot screen do not show up

Dear community. i cannot find anywhere if this has been seen already, but i am having a problem with my remote admin console. when i try to inventory robot from my console, the windows never come on. i tried with the java gui it works fine. it used t...

FrankDe by Level 4
  • 36 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Scratch pools

Hi   In one group we run out of scratch tapes.we insert the tapes for that group after that all tapes are moved into volumepool  -->scratch pool.I need to all 18 scratch tapes should moved to volume groups --> 000_00001_TLd gropup. what is the proced...

madhuri by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels