Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! Lotus domino backup - no data are transffered

Hello, backup of lotus domino was working and suddenly one day we have issue, that no data are transffered for lotus full and incremental and transaction logs backup filesystem backup is working for D:\Lotus\Domino\data and for T:\Logs  (filesytem ...

Resolved! SQL backup duplication.

I want to duplicate my old SQL backup with different retention, is this possible in case of SQL backup?   I see under catalog search parent job is not listed for old SQL backup. this can create any hurdle in restore? Is there any other way to dupl...

SNAPSHOT ERROR 156

Hi Iam new to Symentec netbackup could any help me to trouble shoot in the issue. the job is failing with error code 156 snapshot. Am attaching logs. thanks    

Resolved! Windows 2012 server nbu 7.6 installed by mistake need 7.5

OK somewhere miscommunication happened and NBU 7.6.03 was installed on some windows 2012 servers.  The backup devices are 7.5.06 so need to downgrade the clients.  First of all does 7.5 support windows 2012?  Then secondly, is there a method to remov...

lsvare by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SQL Backup running too long and failing with error 2

Hello All, We have Master Server on Windows 8 R2 Version (7.5.0.7) and client is on Windows 8 Version (7.5.0.7) here We are facing 2 issues.  1. As I click on Netbackup Ms SQL Client it takes 15-20 minets to reflect. 2. As I configure Backup and...

Resolved! NFS share backup through linux media server to VTL

Hello All,   I need to backup my NFS share mounted on a Linux host (media server) and write the backup onto the VTL (StoreOnce). My master server is on windows 2008 platform. I have succesfully mounted my NFS share onto my Linux host. However when...

Neha_K by Level 4
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

GRT backup for Sharepoint not writing data

Hello Experts, Need assistance on below issue, NBU Master : Linux Version : 7.0.1 NBU Client : Windows Version : 7.0.1 Shrapoint : Microsoft Sharepoint 2010 Sharepoint backup running fine for this server. But Sharepoint GRT backup is showing "Ac...

Vickie by Level 6
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! NBU throughput/performance

Hello All,   can anyone help me out where can we find out NBU's throughput and performance in NBU GUI?    Thanks in advance! 

Neha_K by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Different policies

Hi, I'm running NBU 7.6 and I need to backup some files with 2 different retention period. All the weekends the job will run with the retention of 2 weeks and only on the last weekend of the month the retention needs to be infinite. We current hav...

Resolved! Status 1.

10/10/2014 05:45:45 - begin writing 10/10/2014 05:46:37 - Info bpbkar (pid=0) 1571 entries sent to bpdbm 10/10/2014 05:46:50 - Info bpbkar (pid=0) 1575 entries sent to bpdbm 10/10/2014 05:47:07 - Info bpbkar (pid=0) 1579 entries sent to bpdbm ...

Resolved! Netbackup Services not Starting up

Hello Friends, My master Server is Windows 2008 R2  Netbackup 7.5.0.7   I try to restart Netbackup Services as Below NetBackup 7.5 -- Startup Utility NetBackup services are about to be started. Do you wish to proceed? (y/n) y Starting service...

Hannible by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup Java Console 7.6.0.1 doesn' t work

HI all, in my laptop I use regularly java console 7.1 and 7.5 while the 7.6 doesn' t work. In my laptop I have administrator credential and I launched the installation with right click and "Run as Administrator". Below the specification of install...

stucci by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Question on Vaulting inline backup copies

Running NetBackup 7.6.0.2 on a Windows server. I setup the backup policies to do inline copies, such that copy 1 goes to an onsite tape pool and copy 2 goes to an offsite pool. I was going to use Vault to do the duplications, but in reading other p...

LT2013 by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Disaster Recovery steps for Netbackup

Hello Guys, I was prepraing the steps to disastery recovery for Netbackup, Can anyone check and suggest if any addition is required.    disaster recovery steps install the os with the same bit as we had earlier on same hardware install the netba...

Resolved! One backup stream is failing with error code 13

Hello All,   I have issue on with One of the DFSR bacukp, One backup stream is failing with error code 13, Backup job start and write data for few bytes and then fail with error code 13. I also notice everytime it write approximately same bytes we ...

Resolved! Unable to restore Imported images on a Different Master Server

Hello All, We have a Image on a Media at a different location we moved the Media to another location and imported the image on the New Master Server however when I filter the image in Backup Archive Restore.. I am not able to see it..   is there...

Resolved! Catalog Recovery to a different Windows server

I installed a new environment, running 7.6 on single Windows master/media server (call it NBmaster). I need to test catalog recovery to a different server, NBmaster_dr. I've read several posts the state the target host for a catalog recovery must ha...

LT2013 by Level 4
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels