Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

All Local Drives not get Backed-up through Hyper-V Type

Hi All , We taken a Backup type of Hyper-V, the backup get completed sucessfully with the backup selection of all Local Drives. But at the time of restore it not showing the some drives to view in the Backup & Archive Resotre window. Details are belo...

Resolved! netbackup - sql database with multiple instances on vmware vm

I've got a virtualized 2008 R2 VMware VM with several instances of SQL Server 2008 R2.  I've got the client installed:  Under File>Set SQL Server Connection properties>myhost, under instance I can see the different instances listed, however I can onl...

Tommen by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backup failing with error 42.

NB-7.5.0.6   Policy Type- Flash Backup Windows Performing off-hostbackup Vmware backup of All_Local_Drive faileing with error 1542..Please suggest...     - Info bpfis(pid=0) done. status: 1542: An existing snapshot is no longer valid and cannot be mo...

unable to stop/start NBU services

Hi, I installed netbackup 6.5.4 on window VM server. When i stop start the NBU services getting below error. What i do to.   D:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin>bpdown -v -f NetBackup 6.5 -- Shutdown Utility Shutting down services > NetBack...

Another instance is running while installing NBU 7.5

My client's current version is 7.1.0.3 and it is Windows 2008 R2. My installation is getting failed due to the below error -    "Another instance is already running" but there is not instance is running at that movement. Please suggest.

yogo by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Tpconfig to be use for drive configure on windows 2k8

Hi,   I have a media server (windows 2008), and I need to configure the drives. But I dont want to use the GUI console Device Configuration Wizard. How can I configure the drives with "tpconfig" command ? Where could I find all the related informatio...

Vickie by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to exclude path form policy type FlashBackup-Windows

Hi all, There is request for excluding some path from policy FlashBackup-Windows Client want to exclude K:\ERM from backup path Below is the policy I cant test policy on live server there is one link about flash policy limitation but not getting pr...

Raaavan by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! NBU 7.X Windows 2012 support

Hi, I know that NBU7.5 doesn;t support WIndows 2012. and from this thread http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/netbackup-75x-windows-2012-support, which mentioned that: "Support for Windows 2012 client will be added in NetBackup 7.5.0.6 as well as ...

Resolved! Traditional vs Capacity NBU 7.5 licenses

Hi, I am working on a project where existing NetBackup tape based infrastructure will be migrated to disk based backups using EMC Data Domain 990. There are close to 400 backup clients and using traditional NBU licensing approach including multiple a...

Khushi by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! ERR - Volume resolution error for (System State:\System Files\System Files)

I need a solution ! Netbackup Version : 7.1.0.3 OS :  Windows Server 2008 Problem  : Snapshot error encountered(156) during System State Backup was reported.  Backups are failing for  a few Windows 2008 client with status code 156  A Backup with "...

ampa by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

EMC Data Domain and NBU 7.5

Hi, Planning to deploy backup solution with DD990 and NBU7.5. OS for backup servers chosen as Windows 2008R2 Enterprise Edition.  Windows 2008 Enterprise Edition is selcted becaused NBU7.5 s/w compatibility document shows only Enterprise Edition can ...

Khushi by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

CPU utilization is 100% in client during backup

Hi Friends, I am facing issues with SQL DB backups.One of the client servers CPU utilization is 100 % during SQL DB backup.SQL DBA team telling that there is no issues with SQL/ windows OS, issue with Netbackup only and they provided the logs. Please...

Resolved! Windows 2008 NBU client upgrade failed (6.5.6 to 7.5.0.4 )

Hi All,   Windows 2008 NBU client upgrade failed (6.5.6 to 7.5.0.4 )   NetBackup 7.5 Windows installation log   07-29-2013,11:20:48 : 07-29-2013,11:20:48 : Starting Setup  07-29-2013,11:20:48 : 07-29-2013,11:20:48 : Performing installation on host: w...

Vickie by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Finding media using backupids in console

Hi, Is it possible to find the media using backup id in netbackup console ? Through CLI, i can use "bpimagelist -backupid <backupid> to find out the media numbers;but i want to find the same using GUI(Netbackup console) is there any way to find? Here...

satpat by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! error ( Cannot Connect On Socket )

Hey Everybody,   I was working on a Issue, The error ( Cannot Connect On Socket ) occurs while trying communicate a Client from Master server. Checked BPCD logs and test the connectivity b/w client and master, which is not happening.   Found that "Wi...

Vickie by Level 6
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! change subject in blat

Hi,   I have configured BLAT and its working fine. My issue is that the subject line in mail dosent show my full server name   Eg; If my host name is  SERVERNAME111 After successful backup, In subject line it shows as " backup on SERVERNAME11 - 0"  P...

Arun_VC by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Duplication are failing with 191 status

Hi All, I have media server where stand alone tape drive is attached and i am trying to duplicate the images from shared disk to tape. Duplication is running for some time and it is failing with status 191 status, its a LTO5 tape drive and i am tryin...

Labels