Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! Setting up Netbackup lab

Hi every one, any one who has been able to set up netbackup lab ? probably using vmware.. I would like to know how, requirement and how it was set up... Thank you

Dollypee by Moderator
   VIP    Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

VMWare backup exit status code 20

I'm backing up a set of Linux VM's using the query builder. There's a dozen Linux VM's on this one datastore I have in which all but one of them back up successfully. It's exiting out with a status code 20, invalid command parameter. Client will back...

Resolved! removing old storage drives

I have 5 drives mapped to my server that I used to land my backups on.  Each drive being about 1tb to 1.5 tb These are located on a snap drive that we are no longer using but I need to get the data off these drive so I can kill the server.   I have t...

Resolved! Way to see the loaded in Standalone tape drive remotetly

Can someone tell me the command or way to find out if the tape is loaed in Standalone tape? I work from a remote place and need to find out if tape is there in the drive or not? I know one command vmoprcmd -d where it is not showing anything in Recor...

Resolved! Netbackup simulator

Hello All,   Can anyone share me the details about netbackup simulator.   Regards Kallada

PXE configuration for BMR

Windows systems network boot uses the PXE protocol. The BMR boot server provides and manages the PXE network services. Does that mean, I do not need to configure PXE for BMR?

Mohmec by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Mannual Tape cartridge management

Hi, We are lookinig at a follwing situation :- SCENARIO - with NBU 7.5 ======== 1. Based upon policy (frequency & retention and original size) about 250 nos. tapes are needed. 2. This results in large Tape library (robotic), to hold and manage all th...

mohanl by Level 3
Partner
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Duplicate copies (SLP) are going through different media servers

Primary copies are going to data domain. Second copy to tape.   Eg:- Server “A” and Server “B” are media server.           Server “A” is not present in storage unit with data domain.         However when   second copy runs I can see         Server “A...

JollyJ by Level 4
Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SAN tape backups via NetBacup 7.1 Media server

Environment: Master/media server                 UNIX          NetBackup 7.1              Robot and 4 x LTO5 drives connected New Media server                     Windows    NetBackup 7.1             2 x LTO5 drives connected and zoned to Media      ...

Willie_SA by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SQL backups failing with EC6

Master: SUN OS 5.10 NBU 6.5.6 Media Server /Client Server : Windows 2008   NBU 6.5.6   Client is itself a media sever. SQL backups are failing with EC6 whereas File system backups are working fine.   Please find attached DBclient Logs.... Let me know...

nbu123 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

New_stream, adding subfolder

Hi all, I have a customer that i setup new_stream backups that works great, but one folder have subfolders growing large and i want to make a new stream for that folder, so my question is does netbackup exclude the top new_stream? So if i should add ...

erikd by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NBU support with New MS OS family

Any idea by when NBU  7.5.0.6 or 7.6 will be released . I believe proliferation is extended to cover Windows 2012 and Windows 8 too Along with 2013 wave

V4 by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Exchange2010 restore

Master Server + Media Server : rehat5.5_64bit Exchange2010(not DAG): Windows2008_R2 NetBackup 7.5 using GRT restore with status 5 and status2810 unable to create object for restore ....information store...... ria 6 using nbfsd -d -v 5 -j <job_id> -B ...

eten by Level 4
  • 27 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Exchange DAG

I hvae to start backup of Exchange 2010 with the use of DAG.which having two active node.   Please suggest how to connect Exchange server to Master and Media server.This is new client...   Master- 2003 Window(7.1.0.4)  

error 800

Hi All, I am getting error 800 freqently, please let me know if there is any direct solution for this error.

NetBackup 7.5 Remote Admin Console - Windows 8

Has anyone been able to successfully install the Netbackup Remote Administration Console on a Windows 8 machine?  My NetBackup servers are all currently running 7.5.0.4.  I know Windows 8 is not officially supported yet on this version, but was hopin...

NBUMike by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backing Up the Roaming users' Profiles hosted on Cifs share

Guys, Please share me your experiance , we are Planning to use NetBackup for VDI enviroment (Citrix Zenserver+ Citrix ZenDesktop) we are targeting backing up the users' profiles that are a roaming profiles shared on CIFS. I have followed the...

mghany by Level 3
Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to create a cluster mater server

Hi,    I have two windows  2008 server . I am planing to create a cluster master server can any one suggest me on what are the steps to be done from the scratch.                                                                   

Kushaal by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels