Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Upgrading clients to 7.7.3 using LiveUpdate

Hi I'm wanting to use LiveUpdate to upgrade NetBackup clients from version 7.6.1.1 to 7.7.3 Apparently this 'major/minor' upgrade is now a supported route using LiveUpdate for clients:- "With NetBackup 7.1 and later, NetBackup LiveUpdate supports ...

Request for Information

Looking for comparisons, please post your KB/Sec for a full backup of 4TB and if it was LAN or SAN Transport.  Also what is the best KB/SEC you have seen your system generate. Our old system could do 3 TB in 7hours   Thanks  

Ivano by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

drives are in use in storage unit ???

Hi Team,    im using netbackup to trigger RMAN Bakcup script, in the first place i faced limit has been reached for the logical resource limitation, after i set Max Jobs per Client  to 4, now im facing this "driver are in use in storage unit" . may...

NBU commandline

I am new to NBU 7.7. i installed it to try out and added the client, media server and controlling from master server. i am encontering some problem in managing and lot of forum talki about issuing commands. is there a seperate nbu command interface? ...

Backup failing with error 58

Hi All, I am facing issue on 1 client.Backups are failing with error 58. bptestbpcd command also getting failed with error 25. For this client, sql backup is congigured. Telnet is working fine from master to client and vice versa on ports 1556, 13...

Resolved! bmr restore from a different date

i have bmr image with two dates: one in Dec 2015 and another in Jun 2016 last night, i managed to restore the Jun 2016 fine. my issue is, how do you tell the restore to select the Dec 2015 image? because when i restored last night it automatically s...

manatee by Level 6
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! NDMP restore is hung after reading one media.

Hi All, I am trying to restore a directory on NDMP to its original location. My restore actually requires 8 medias. Restore is going in hung state after reading backup image on one media. Nothing is happening after that. I was not able to find any e...

SQL server has died and i cant recover data from net backup

Hi,   I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light on a issue I'm having, We has a very old physical server win 2003 with sql 200 installed which has died, I need to recover from backup and I have followed the best practiced recovery sql  guide from ...

Resolved! SLP Duplications

Hi everyone, Is there any chance to use an SLP that duplicates data to different tapes using Backup image in a disk  suppose i have a basic disk where I am taking Backup and later i have added two Volume pools for duplication. Here the problem is ...

Warning : old TIR file is missing??

Hello, We have some Windows Server 2008 Netbackup clients (version of server 7.1 installed on Windows Server 2008 R2), that their backup jobs end with a warning about True Image Restore . I precise, that these backup jobs are BMR jobs, which means t...

throughput

I'm doing a backup over SAN using end to end 8gb fiber and getting throughput of 56,000 KB/Sec.  What is the best rate I  should expect or is this a good rate, it seems low to me.   Thanks  

Ivano by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

sharepoint grt restore issue

when we try and restore from a document share we arent able to see the documents only the older versions are shown and only as the user that did the last changes, and with a size of 0 bytes. The grt backup completes successfully. This was a known is...

hammers09 by Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBackup status code: 5402

Hello everyone,   can anyone help me out this code? 5402, i've done this :   Confirm that the credentials are properly set. On Windows, you may need to replace a process level token. First, select start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Local...

Hamza_H by Moderator
   VIP   
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Problem adding new LTO drive to Library

Hi, I just added new LTO7 Drive to my library HPE MSL 4048 I'm having problems to configure it because NetBackup recognizes it but I do not know how to force some tapes to load in LTO7 and another ones to load in LTO6 I created a new volume pool t...

MikelSS by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Netapp tape drive limitations??

Hi, Is there any limitations in configuring tape drives in netapp simillar to EMC Isilon (4 LTO4 - for 1 acc node) or we can configure n number of drives?

NBU_10 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels