Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

NDMP port

How can i check NDMP port is open or not and where can i check the NDMP port?

Resolved! stopping "server" service during backup

Windows Server 2008 R2 i have this problem with a file server where users never close their files and it is affecting the backup. so i came up with a possible solution and that is to stop the "server" service before the backup starts so that no one ...

manatee by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Vaulting -vault eject failed  (287)

Hi anyboday can anybody help me resolve this issue. I am getting error code 287 during vaulting of tapes. there are totally 2 tapes on that volume pool. while I want to ejjectthose tapes onlynad we have 3 slots in the i/o Station to eject. Still I a...

Resolved! Error in login

I'm trying to login to NetBackup Administration Console version 7.7.2 on but I'm receiving error below "Unable to login, status 534 An exception occurred in NB-Java. Please try again." NetBackup is installed on Windows Server 2012 R2 and fully ...

Netbackup Web-based Reporting tool

Hi, I found this web based Netbackup reporting tool, written in PHP and Perl and MySQL backend stores historic data. Since i am new in PHP and Perl, wanted to check if i can use this tool to create the reporting tool for Windows 2008 / Netbackup 7....

Drives Diagostic Failed

i got error when doing Drives Diagostic. Error message : "Access the drive to gather vendor and drive information unable to alloccate resource for diagostics"   i got no issue to do Robotos Diagostic.   may i know how can i debug it? Screensho...

Resolved! problem emm launch

Hi, After an ungraceful shutdown of my backup server (electricity loss), i'm unable to restart netbackup. First, i found my vxdbms.conf was corrupt : 11:01:53.639 [10028.10024] <2> read_legacy_touch_file: Found C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackupDB...

G_D_ by Level 3
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to get backup details based on job type

Hi, I have requirement of getting the end date with time of the duplication backups , i.e. the job type will be duplication. No reports in my knowledge is showing this data ( neither on Ops-Center). Can you please guide me?   Thanks.

Hyper-V Restore using existed Full and Incremental

We have one policy for Hyper-v backup in which we have two different schedules for Full, Incremental Backup's. and the backup is running fine from the last few months. But when I tried to restore yesterday it is showing only list of Full backups in...

Resolved! Status 96

**** Moved to new discussion from : https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/error-error-bpbrm-pid22120-client-db01-err-bphdb-exit-status-6-backup-failed-back-requested-f *** everything is looks fine. but i still hits this error. 1: (96) unable to...

Yip_Jack by Level 4
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup not able to see increased space in msdp

Hello All,   Our setup is as follows.. NBU version - 7.6.0.3 master server - Windows 2008 64 bit Media server - Windows 2008 64 Bit We have MSDP in our environment which is on SAN from san disks from one storage array which are combined on OS l...

Resolved! Error 174 when backing up netapp filer

I'm recieving this error when backup on a netapp filer in my enviroment.   media manager exiting because bpbrm is no longer active     6/24/2016 3:58:40 PM - end writing; write time: 00:30:03 media manager - system error occurred(174)

Resolved! 7.6.1 client Install on CentOS 6.6

Trying to find the correct client install for CentOS 6.6, I thought it was the RedHat 2.6 install but am not sure. I am questioning if i downloaded the correct clients.... are those clinet1 and client2 needing to be combined? Any help with this inst...

pmc214 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBackup with Enterprise Vault 12

Hey,Has anyone tried the Enterprise Vault Feature of Netbackup with Enterprise Vault 12? Had any luck?I know it is marked as "Pending" in the EV Compatibility charts and not mentioned in the NetBackup Compatibilities, but wondering if anyone has got ...

ChayDouglas by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Exchange 2013 GRT VMWare

I've been trying to set up our Exchange 2013 backups.  We just moved from Exchange 2007 where are backups were CCR and so far backing up DAG has been very frustrating.  Our environment is as follows: 2 vmware Client Access Servers 2 vmware Mailbox ...

System State vs Shadow Copy

I'm second guessing myself on this one, so I thought I'd post and get another opinion. For various reasons, I need to back up several Windows 2012 servers and not use the ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES directive. I've set them up to back up the C:\ drive, but can...

2 MASTER Servers possibility

Hi all, Is there any chance to create two master servers with os Windows 2012 R2. Does NBU support 2 Masters with same configuration which will be acting as failover. Shall we have to buy individual licenses for both masters.    

Netbackup VMWare Sharepoint Backup/Restore

Hello. I have set up a VMWare policy to backup a simple sharepoint farm.  (1 front end server, 1 sql back end server). I am running 7.7.1 and have configured i believe to what the docs show. According to the docs Through a VMware backup policy,...

LouiseD by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels