Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! How can update NetBackup Java Admin Console?

Hello, I have a NetBackup master server with version 7.5.0.7 on linux host. And I've installed a NetBackup Java Admin Console with version 7.0 on windows host. When I try to connect to my master server I get an error: How can I update my Java Adm...

etcnix by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NBU 7.6 is backing up Active & Passive DB's

Hi all, we have a 2 node DAG cluster.  MBX-1 has 6 active DB's and 6 x Passive DB's.  MBX-2 is the same.  I want to backup only the passive DB's on each server however the it would appear that both active and passive DB's are being backed up.  We are...

BirtyB by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Not able to change Time zone in Netbackup Java Console 7.1

Hi, I have Netbackup java console 6.5, 7.0, 7.1 etc installed on my company laptop (Win 7) which i use to connect to the different servers in our environment. In 6.5 java console, Under the menu "File - Adjust application time zone" I am able to se...

Resolved! Redirected restore of MS SQL database.

Hi  it is just for a clearity: In case of redirected restore of any SQL database from NBU for MSSQL: 1) can I restore to aleternate client having different version of SQL. 2) Is it possible to restore to other client with same diffrent version of...

NBU35 by Level 6
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backupsa are Failling with client/server handshaking failed(26)

Hi   One of the client backup are failling with  the error :client/server handshaking failed(26) What are steps have to foolow to clear this error Again Backup was started But it was queued in Job state details it was showing (Required media serv...

madhuri by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup fail with error code 40

Hi , Server : window server 2008 r2 Client :7.5 backup selection :All_local_drive backup type : incremental backup  kindly give some view to see BPBKAR logs . 

Resolved! restore error

hi team   when am doing the restore am getting the below error please suggest.   Warning bpbrm(pid=1728) expected start message from ntecnis1.apac.avaya.com; read: Unrecognized -J string spsrestoreoptions=0    11/18/2014 12:45:22 PM - connected;...

madhuri by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! error99

Hi there, the following error appear, but not every day and only on a specific backup. Also note that the actuall failed session was restarted earlier and is active without changing any media in the set. Please advise, Thanks   Info ndmpagent(pid...

Resolved! how archiving is happening in netbackup?

Hi Team,   can any one please expline how archacing is happening in netbackup ?. and how it is deleting data after duplication is don .means how it is deleting dae datain a primary location? 

sravya by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Installing NetBackup Client

while installing Netbackup Client i am getting attached Error i check the Master Server all services are running normal, even i change the client OS to windows XP and i tried to install the netback client still the same error i am getting. kindly ...

asmayal by Level 3
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Single Mail Restore using NetBackup 7.0.1

Hi All; I have been trying to restore an email to my mail box, but an error message keep happening and the restore process fails every time.   Please, Help me with this case. I appreciate your help. Thanks. Mohamed Hassan

Resolved! Installing 7.6.0.1 client on window 7

Trying to install NBU 7.6.0.1 client on Win7 Pro SP1, but it will not give me the option to install locally. How can I install this?

PD001 by Level 5
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup 7.6 - Backup only files older than x

I have a 250TB Hitachi data store than I can backup just fine thru NDMP policy types using Netbackup 7.6. How do I direct Netbackup to only backup files OLDER THAN 1 YEAR?  I have searched, help file'd, and asked my vendor, I cannot seem to find th...

How can we make the last full backup as final

Hi   we have  one windows server  for that last full backup for the server is 8-15-2014.now the server was retired .on 8-15-2014 we have full backup the backup we have  to consider as a final . how can we do the dupicate the backup ? the final bac...

madhuri by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Sap onl backups are failling with status 6

Hi team,   can any one help me . One of my sap onl poicy failling with status 6   Below are log files can any suggest me how to trouble shoot this issue     02:35:33.332 [7783] <2> logparams: -sb -rdbms sap -S XXXX -to 300 -c Policy name -s P...

madhuri by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels