Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! how to integrate opscenter to BPPM

Hello Folks, Could anyone please share the process of opscenter integration to BPPM ( BMC proactiveNET performance management). Opscenter version = 7.6.0.4 Opscenter server =  Windows 2008

Resolved! 7.7 BAR Java Console Incremental restores?

Im trying to use the BAR within the java admin console to do restores now that 7.7 has moved this direction and having a little trouble understanding how to do a restore that contains incrementals. In the old BAR you would show the netbackup his...

Resolved! (4239) Unable to find the virtual machine

Hello, We have 4239 errors on our VMWare backup snapshot. In our client's existing VM, but NetBackup can not find it. I have to redo the VM client configuration in the Netbackup policies for the backup works. Do you have a solution? My setting ar...

Resolved! Netbackup remote admin console on windows

I try to export  policy attribute, schdule, backup selection etc..  from Netbackup remote windows admin console but the "Export" option is showing as inactive(grey out). I'm not sure why it is shoiwig inactive where as i'm able to get this for unix/...

Resolved! Is there any setting for failover in NBU??

HI Experts,   I am testing the failover scenario with NBU 7.6.1. I am backing up the SMB share (network share). My client which is the source of my data is mounted on the windows 2008 NBU master server and has 2 nodes-node A and node B. issue:  ...

Resolved! Email alerts in netbackup

Hi All, I have scheduled the teradata backup in NETBACKUP plocies. I want active server to send alerts during time of start and end(failure/success). Could you please let me know how I can setup this in nbu. netbackup installed in windows 8 machine ...

NetBackup Java Admin Console Fonts Tiny

When I open the NetBackup Java Admin Console (v7.7) on my PC, the fonts are almost illegibly small.    The screenshot below sets the window next to a Chrome window for comparison.  On the master server, the Java console looks fine.  PC is a Surface P...

D_Perry by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Requirements Backup Host Windows 2012

Hi, We will install a new Backup and Recovery Host on windows virtual machine and my questions are the next: Requirements for the Backup Host on a Windows 2012 server are the same that Windows 2008 server?It's Compatible Netbackup 7.6.0.4 on window...

Arturo_Lopez by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Leap Second

I have been looking for a release from symantec covering this topic.   Does anyone have a reference to Symantec's take on this issue ?

mudabo by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NetBackup unable to detect Tape drive

Hi All , Netbackup is not able to detect tape drive , below is output of scan command :-  But I am Able to see the tape drive and medium changer in device manager  , Please help to fix the issue . Server :- windows 2008 Netbackup version :- 7.5 ...

NikitaC by Level 3
  • 21 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Shadow Copy Components backup is failing with 156 error.

Hi All,   Shadow Copy Components backup is failing with 156 error. Job Details: ERR - Volume resolution error for (System State:\System Files\System Files)   We have checked the bpbkar log and found that there is an unresolved volume path which...

NBU_Adm by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Vault Reporting

Hi Techiz,   I am trying to look for an automated vaulting report for a month. Means how many and what all medias were ejected for an entire month. I tried looking into opscenter, there is only one report for vault which just tells the count. Then I...

Sid1987 by Level 6
Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! updradation from Netbackup 7.1.0.4 to 7.6

Hello Guys, Could you pelase advise on below points, while we do the Nebackup updradation from 7.1.0.4 to 7.6 1. I went through the updradation guid, as per that befor initating updradation we have to stop all the netbackup service and have to deca...

Labels