Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Manual backup

how to run backup immediatly in NBU 7.7 without recurring schedule?

Tape Drives compatibility

Hi All,   I Just want to know, Can we able to use the LTO6 Tapes in LTO5 supported tape library. And want to know the compatibility types. Got to know that we have backward compatibility while referring to the tapes capacity before inserting into t...

Resolved! Restoration Size

Hello Experts, I tried restoring 5 kb file from tape but could see it showed me 167410176 KB Current kilobytes read. What is this size since the file is 5 kb only? Thanks,

H_Sharma by Level 6
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup delayed or stopped on "bpfis: backup started".

Hello all, Below you will find a job detail of a backup that I had to suspend (I'll cancel it by sure) because of this job was taking long time. You'll see below on bold and italic the line where the backup stopped before I had to suspend it. Do...

amutto by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup 5.1 unable to backup Lotus Domino 8.5.3 - Error 71

Hi Forumites, First up, a confession - I'm a bit of a NetBackup lightweight.  I've quite a bit of experience swapping the tapes and restoring 'essential' files for users - however my job is now seeing me taking on more responsibility these days.  Th...

Sunlord by Level 3
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! how to see the logs?

I am confusing to see the log files for failure jobs... for example I want to see the bpbrm logs.. for that I am going to path in windows master server programfiles\veritas\netbackup\logs  ....... then what  I can do to see the logs... Plz post the...

arjun7 by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

restore failed

when I try to restore the files the restore got failed with error 2850? all tapes are available in library for restore.. plz give me a solutions

arjun7 by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! tape drive status

1. How to identify the tape is struck in tape drive. if possible give the output.

arjun7 by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Import/Export Admin Console Java Settings

Hello, I'm using Netbackup Administration Control, java version. These are Netabckup 7,5  7,1 and 6,5. Need to migrate from XP to Windows 7. I would like to take with me on windows 7 settings such as list of hostnames and usernames I entered on them ...

Kayn by Level 2
Accredited Certified
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! tape drive path missed

1. I am using tld library, in that library 3 tape drives are showing down like miss path.. How i can make up those drives ?

arjun7 by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! job status shows "incomplete"

1. When jobs are running the job status shows incomplete with status code 59, 24, .... After that I was resumed that jobs but some jobs are running fine but some jobs are again goes to incomplete status. what is the reason.. ?

arjun7 by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! restore

while doing the restore how to search the particular file or folder for restore ?

arjun7 by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! logs

1. If any jobs are failed, where we can see that job logs clearly for troubleshooting ?

arjun7 by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! catalogs

1. what is catalog ? 2. what is the retendion period for catalog backups in netbackup ?  

arjun7 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! robot and library

1) How to identify howmany robots are configured under one tape library? 2) for example I have two robots like tld(0), tld(1). in tld(0) there is no scratch tapes and some tapes are all full under netbackup volume pool and some tapes are in active st...

arjun7 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Windows client tool to connect to netbackup

Hi, We have netbackup 7.1 on linux. We use vncviewer to connect to it. But, now we are looking for any windows client tool to connect to netbackup. Is there anu such client by which we can connect from our desktop on Win XP ? Please let me know from ...

Resolved! NetBackup 6.5 slow backups over network

I am configuring a NetBackup 6.5 installation. Here is the topography: Master server: windows 2003 R2 x64 client: windows 2003 R2 x64 client: NetApp over NDMP The policies are configured with zero overlap in the start times. The number of data buffer...

Restore issue with media

Hi all, I am facing restoration issue. When I am trying to restore the data from tape, the restore job is in active state but, it is "awaiting resource". Even though the media is available in library. This is found in job Detailed Status. For this I ...

Raz_Sam by Level 3
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels