Did you mean: 
Online Storage for Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! Labeling in Symantec Exec 2010

I was just wondering if it was acceptable to place an LT5 barcode label on an LT3 tape in order for it to be written on by exec, as opposed to just being able to be read.  Is exec really incapable of writing to it because of it's lack of space or wha...

Remote Imaging using the RDP to the ghost server

Is it okay to perfrom the remote imaging to the laptops connected at the office via remote login to the ghost server and excuting to push the image? I am getting the fail error message, any suggestion to check whether the DB is corrupted e.t.c.? ...

Aashik by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Duplicate to SPN doesn't run

some info:BE 12.5, all updates.SPN installed..  Job setup:-Daily differential to disk-Duplicate to SPN The daily diff to disk runs fine, however the duplicate doesn't run at all, no errors, no sign of it even running.  It is configured properly to ru...

ecm by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Online Storage: Inactive message...

I'm getting a strange message from my SPN portion of BE. In the status icon in the System Tray, it shows:Protection Network: ActiveOnline Storage: Inactive When I check my offsite folders in Backup Exec, I see this message:GeneralStatus: Offline How ...

Account Management...

Does anyone know how to change a role in the SPN partner portal? I need to be changed to a Partner Administrator but I cannot figure out how to do it. Thanks

Is Symantec Online Storage HIPAA Compliant?

While there is no standard HIPAA certificate of compliance for online backup services, Symantec ProtectionNetwork (SPN) enables HIPAA defined covered entities that must store &protect electronic patient data comply with HIPAA security and privacy rul...

Ted_Migdal by Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Are you looking for a performance increase to Online Storage for Backup Exec?

There are two configuration changes you can make that will enhance the performance of file uploads for Online Storage for Backup Exec. 1) Deselecting “verify after” and2) modifying the upload chunk size. 1. DESELECTING VERIFY AFTERDeselecting “Verify...

Ted_Migdal by Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backing up jobs to different tapes

I am trying to backup scheduled jobs to different tapes.I have created three media sets, and assigned a tape to each.I have created three backup jobs and assigned each backup job to each media set. However when I run all three jobs, backup exec picks...

Electra by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos