Did you mean: 
Storage and Clustering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

PLEASE do NOT post product queries in this forum

This forum was created by SYMANTEC employees to publish details of new announcements an documentation. There are no VERITAS employees monitoring or using this forum. If you have product-related queries, please use these forums: Storage Foundation: ht...

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Change the Host IP address in the Veritas cluster

Hello All, We have a Veritas cluster server setup (VCS-HA,VCS-CFS & VERITAS-RAC) where on few setup we required to change the data IP address of some host(node). I refer few notes but not sure except /etc/hosts is there any file need to update/edit....

knbu by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! mnt_app resource failover

Hi,   Below is the resource dependecies in my enviroment, what happened is somebody unmount the /app filesystem.So, resource went on faulted state, when i checked that resource criticality it shows mnt_app as non-critical resource 0 and vol_app an...

Switching the service grp manually

Hi Team, I am learning VCS and confuse about, what steps do i need to take while switching service grp manually? in these cases, a) When vcs is hanging b) At maintanance activity in node A and need to switch teh service grp to node B?   Thanks,...

Replication and Failover Product for SQL 2008 server

Hello All, I do not really know much about Clustering, Replication and Failover. I know the concepts from a hardware firewall and some discussions. I have a client that requires Replication of data on an SQL server from one location to the other SQ...

Nene by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

ApplicationHA (for VMware) and Symantec High Availability Solution: Product Selection panel does not list any products when installing through vSphere Client integrated menu

During the installation of ApplicationHA (for VMware) or Symantec High Availability guest components through the vSphere Client, the Product Selection panel may fail to list any products.  This issue occurs if you install the ApplicationHA or the Sy...

upgrade Storage Foundation and VCS 4.1 to SFHA 6.X

HI All, I'm going to upgrade my production environment with VXVM,VXFS and VCS 4.1. My question are: 1) After upgrade to Solaris10 up11, it's possibile to remove all Veritas packages and reinstalling everything at version SFHA 6.1 (and recover vcs ...

Rick80 by Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Migration to Veritas 6

Hi, We are heading for a hardware migration and an oracle 11G upgrade next year. I am putting up a migration plan and thought I'll get some inputs from the experts here. Here is the present environment. OS: Solaris 10 DB: Oracle 10g Filesystem: V...

NFS agent for CFS share

Dear All, I have setup CFSshare. I can see under cfsshare display, but if I run "cfsshare share /emm2 rw" is NOT sharing but from the Java Console of the cluster. The NFS resource has got a question MARK. So I am really not too what to do now., roo...

‘vxdmppr’ utility information

Hello, With VxVM, we get ‘vxdmppr’ utility which performs SCSI 3 PR operations on the disks similar to sg_persist on Linux. But we don’t find much documentation around this utility. In one of the blogs we saw that its unsupported utility. Can someone...

testraf by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos