Did you mean: 
Storage and Clustering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

PLEASE do NOT post product queries in this forum

This forum was created by SYMANTEC employees to publish details of new announcements an documentation. There are no VERITAS employees monitoring or using this forum. If you have product-related queries, please use these forums: Storage Foundation: ht...

Marianne by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

I/O error on vxfs volume

Hello everyone, Please I need help regarding a volume I cannot mount. It is 2 Symmetrix EMC SAN meta (emcpower), forming one dg (supposedly clonedg), divided into vol01 and vol02. Each day, the metas are cloned from the principal server and mounted,...

bibelo by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Veritas InfoScale 7.0: Configuring I/O fencing

I/O fencing protects the data on shared disks when nodes in a cluster detect a change in the cluster membership that indicates a split-brain condition. In a partitioned cluster, a split-brain condition occurs where one side of the partition thinks th...

sophie_lu by Level 3
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 5 kudos

Veritas Resiliency Platform 1.1 disaster recovery

You can use Resiliency Platform for automated disaster recovery of replicated virtual machines and applications. Replication in a Resiliency Platform deployment You use the browser-based console to create resiliency groups of assets (virtual machin...

holiver by Level 2
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Veritas Resiliency Platform 1.1 key components

Veritas Resiliency Platform brings separate data centers together in a resiliency domain for managing and monitoring workload automation and disaster recovery (DR). Resiliency Platform provides two types of servers, which are deployed as virtual app...

holiver by Level 2
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

About the FaultOnMonitorTimeouts attribute

Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) tries a number of times to monitor the resource. The FaultOnMonitorTimeouts (FOMT) attribute defines whether VCS interprets a monitor function timeout as a resource fault. It determines the number of tries. It indicates h...

Jie_Li by Level 2
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Veritas Risk Advisor 7.0.1: Documentation available

The documentation for Veritas Risk Advisor 7.0.1 is now available at the following location: PDF: SORT documentation page Late Breaking News: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000037525 The Veritas Risk Advisor 7.0.1 documentation set ...

HarshalK by Level 2
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Understanding V-16-2-13074: The monitoring program for resource name has consistently failed to determine the resource status within the expected time. Agent is restarting (attempt number number of total) the resource

In Veritas Cluster Server (VCS), an agent monitors the status of resources. A resource can be in one of the following states:          ONLINE         OFFLINE         UNKNOWN   However, sometimes a problem can occur. If the agent cannot determine t...

Jie_Li by Level 2
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Majority Based Fencing

Hi All, I was configuring majority based fencing (introduced in 6.2) and had a question which is more logical than practical. Suppose I have a 10 node cluster and my cluster breaks off at 3 points, leading to two 3 node subclusters and one 4 no...

Ash_R by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos