Did you mean: 
Storage Foundation for Windows
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Data encryption

We using encryption on the file server, and planning to install Symantec Storage Foundation. It does not support Bitlocker. What solutions are offered or supported for data encryption on servers with Symantec Storage Foundation? Thanks.

Storage Foundation vs VMWare and RDM's

Hi We need to share a disk between a physical server and a Virtual server. My Proposed solution - use Storage Foundation to share the RDM disk between the physical and virtual server. However our VMware team are completely against using RDM's. They s...

Resolved! Mapping "mountvol" ID to specific volume

If I run "mountvol", it will show me the volumes that I can map to a drive letter or to a path.  But it only gives me a windows drive ID.   How do I map this ID to a specific running volume?  I can't give the storage foundation path to the volume, it...

Resolved! FileShare and Sharename

Good morning all, I have two different instances where I want to use the same ShareName. Is that even possible? Connections would bemade like: \\SQLserver01\Connect_Batch \\SQLserver02\Connect_Batch Ivo

eu22106 by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

SCOM 2012

Hi , I am looking for a Storage Foundation for Windows (SFW) Management Pack for SCOM 2012 for some time and found none so far. Is there a possibility that Symantec will provide this in the near future? (http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index...

eu22106 by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Poor disk write performance

We have a server 2003 R2 machine, which primarily is running as our NetBackup Master server. In addition to this we have a second machine which is/was setup as in a cluster using Veritas Storage Foundations VVR to replicate the data and VCS to handle...

AndyHnz by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Delete Missing Disks

Hi all, A csutomer delete the LUN on a SAN before delete the log related to the volumes. Now the disks are listed in the console as missing disks. Is there a procedure to delete the missing disks?

EffePi by Not applicable
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Partition alignment HDS

Hi, I've just realized that newly created volumes on our HDS storage is not aligned, although the disable track alignment is not checked when the volume is created. Does anyone know why this happens and how we can verify if this is the actual case? W...

Per_J by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Storage Foundation Basic

Hi We have a temporary requirement to transfer large files in a short space of time between HP-UX and Windows.  We have gigabit between the servers, but the transfer times are too long for a migration period we have.  So I'm looking to see whether I ...

Resolved! New License for SFHA is not working

Environment OS = Windows 2008 SP2 (32bit) SFHA = 5.1 SP2 Query Few days ago my replication between two nodes was stopped and I saw the below message when I start replication. I ordered the License(VRTS STORAGE FOUNDATION HA 6.0 WIN NFR LIC) and appli...

Zahid_Haseeb by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos