Did you mean: 
Storage Foundation for Windows
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! Questions about Volume Manager

Hello everyone, I have two questions about the Volume Manager within InfoScale Storage Foundation: 1) Is the Volume Manager supported on a Windows Server 2012 R2 with Oracle Database? 2) Did I understand it correctly, that if you make a volume fro...

ville11 by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! chkdsk question with vxVM

Hello, If the FS is corrupted  VxVM will initiate chkdsk by default, if we disable chkdsk option and if the Volume is corrupted, would  VxVM will force to mount the FS?  or wil wait ...

mokkan by Level 6
Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to adda node to the cluster SFWHA

Hi Team, We have NBu 7.6.0.3 hosted on Veritas SFWHA. We have lost primary node and now are working with passive node. We are planning to rebuild the primary node and add it back to cluster. Has any one done it please advice.   Regards.

BVshet by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! windows volume Shrink question

Hello, We have 400GB space on our dive and only  110 is used and we need to shrink our volume to 200 GB.  I looked at the Windows document and looks like straight forward through VEA to shrink the volume. When we do it in unix/linux we need to resiz...

mokkan by Level 6
Certified
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Shrink LUN on production

Hi there, There is interesting task. I have SFHA cluster with SQL server. SQL data files stored on IBM v7000 Storewize. I must shrink LUN. No problem when I  shrinke volume in VEA, problem is when I want shrink LUN on Storage. When I did it on my ...

Resolved! windows veritas volume manager question

Hello, We normally add RDM to windows server and configure the disks in  VxVM and VCS,  when we go to deivce manager in windows it will show the device name with vendor.   One of the server Windows admin created the disks using Spanned Dynamic witho...

mokkan by Level 6
Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Path Failed-over timne for SFW

Hello      - I implement the SAN LUNs under the VXVM control (DSM DMP)on MS Winodws 2012 using 2 paths for each LUNs. While I test copy the data, I unplug one FC ( one path), the copy progress is paused about 20 sec and then continue. I am not sur...

pgm10s by Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Storage Foundation

Hi im new to the product and the field, so really any advice would be great. where exactly do you install VOM in your SAN environment and does the SF s/w collide with the storage vendor management s/w. And how do you control a heterogenous storage ...

Resolved! ForceImport

Hi all, I need help to good understand attribute ForceImport.   There is a table "Failure situations" in Symantec Storage Foundatio and High Availability Solutions Solutions Guide. (221p.) I don't understant situation number 7 Split-brain situati...

Resolved! Service Monitor

Hi, I have problem with serviceMonitor agent. I created script(www.bat): @echo off ping 172.16.11.1>nul if %errorlevel% == 0 goto A :A exit 110 if %errorlevel% == 1 goto B :B exit 100 Script's directory - C:\Program Files\Veritas\cluster s...

Windows generic service faults on its own

Hi, Ia have a two node failover cluster SFHA 6.1 running over Windows 2012R2. I want to monitorize a generic windows service.  The problem is that after a time the Generic service is faulted and switched to the node 2. The resource brings online i...

achebib by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos