Did you mean: 
Storage Foundation
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! Default File Permissions

On an 11.3 HP-UX system, I noted that the following files gave "world" RWX or RW- permissions /etc/vx/.vxesd.lock /etc/vx/dmpevents.log /etc/vx/cbr /etc/vx/vold_inquiry/socket /etc/vx/vold_request/socket /etc/vx/vold_diag/socket /etc/vx/cbr /e...

SFHA version upgrade from 5.0 to 6.0

Environment 1: OS = RHEL 5.3 SFHA 5.0 MP4RP1 Global cluster with replication (two nodes at primary site and one node at DR site)   Environment 2: OS = RHEL 5.0 SFHA 5.0 Global cluster with replication (two nodes at primary site and one node at DR sit...

Resolved! CVM/CFS on Solaris

Dear All, I would like to create a VCS cluster of 2 nodes that will have the CFS mounted on both of them. Once the CFS is mounted into the cluster I want to get it shared to the system that is not part of VCS cluster. My question is it possible if no...

Resolved! data conversion activity SVM to VERITAS

Hi, I want perform SVM to VERITAS data conversion activity. means we have /dev/md/dsk/d30 as /oracle FS that same FS we have converted to VXVM as /dev/vx/dsk/oradg/oracle (encapsulation) without losing any single KB. can u tell me what are the stpes...

Tiger09 by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

need understand vxrpint concat for mutiple plex

Hi, I am having difficuty to understand vxprint output: v-bash-4.1# vxprint Disk group: testdg TY NAME         ASSOC        KSTATE   LENGTH   PLOFFS   STATE    TUTIL0  PUTIL0 dg testdg       testdg       -        -        -        -        -    ...

zjx by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Storage Foundation HA 5.0 MP4 on RHEL 5.5 32 bit

Hi to all, we have installed Storage Foundation HA 5.0 MP4 on RHEL 5.5 32 bit  with multipath RDAC/IBM The storage is an IBM DS3524 I would like to know if the architecture is supported!!!!   Thanks in advance, Vincenzo

enzo68 by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Specify resource name when adding resources using cfsmntadm

Hi, Is this at all possible? I can specify the service group but I see no way of actually specifying the mount resource name in VCS. It just creates mounts called cfsmount1, cfsmount2 etc. Currently, i'm using something like: cfsmntadm add oracledg v...

subs by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Breaking mirror from a VXVM controlled disk.

Hello Forum members. Scenario: Solaris O.S. Upgrade from version 9 to 10 Plat: SPARC I need to break a O.S. disks mirror as a failback plan in case the O.S. upgrade fails. I am unsure on how to proceed since I have not done this before. Do I first ne...

Resolved! Array Migration using VxVM on Solaris VCS cluster

Hi, We lost our Unix admin a few months ago who usually administered VxVM for us and now I'm in a position where I need to migrate volumes between arrays. Unfortunately no documentation of how this was successfully achived in the past was taken so I'...

how to create two usable rootdg's? (without vxrootadm)

Hi   I'm looking for some best practices for creating a second bootable rootdg on one system.  The command "vxrootadm" is exactly what I'm looking for, however this command is only available from  vxvm 5.0 MP3 and we are running 5.0 MP1 on solaris ...

m_3sth3r by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Veritas Enterprise Administrator 3.2

Hi all, we are using Veritas Enterprise Administrator 3.2 to sync/mirrow two sans. Unfortunately the collegue who has installed it is no more working here. Now i would like to see witch of both sans is at the moment the actice node but i can't find t...

mghomer by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Veritas DMP Vs EMC Power path

Hi, I m a new bie to Storage Foundataion and High Availability. We are configuring SFHA 5.1 SP1 in our setup with EMC Clarion as the storage, and would like to know the below 1. Can VxDMP and EMC Power path co-exist on the same server? 2. What should...