Did you mean: 
Storage Foundation
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! Query about cache volume and cache object

Hi I am creating a cache, but it is failing can you please suggest what's wrong with this??   # vxassist -g versant_vg make versant_CACHE 19.8 VxVM vxassist INFO V-5-1-13572 Volume length rounded-up to 32 so that#012#011it is a multiple of the di...

arun660 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! All Veritas Packages Failed to Install

Hello Im a newbie to veritas. I tried installing it to Solaris 11. 5.11 and got the following:   VRTSperl package failed to install on ldom5 VRTSvlic package failed to install on ldom5 VRTSspt package failed to install on ldom5 VRTSvxvm package...

Resolved! how to change a DISKID?

I have one broken DG: localhost.vtb24.ru# vxprint -hqt Disk group: somedg dg somedg  default      default  11000    1364281050.8.localhost dm disk1 disk1 auto 65536 2147417808 - dm disk2 -   -        -        -        NODEVICE v  vol01        -...

Resolved! SFHA/DR with 2 replications

Environment Primary Site = 2 nodes DR Site = 1 node OS = RHEL 5.x SFHA version = 5.1 SP1 Replication connectivity = on Layer-II Query Primary Site is going to move to a new site. This required around 20 hours downtime in moving the hardware fr...

Zahid_Haseeb by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

UFS to VxVM not working after encapsulation

Hi Gurus, I am running SOlaris 64Bit, and installed VxVM 6.2 Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 s10s_u11wos_24a SPARC    PKGINST:  VRTSvxvm       NAME:  Binaries for VERITAS Volume Manager by Symantec   CATEGORY:  system       ARCH:  sparc    VERSION:  6....

Resolved! geographic cluster

hi, i have a geographic cluster made from cluster a and cluster b.in cluster a i have also an orac runing on 2 nodes.if orac in cluser a fails than automatically it is started on cluster b? if cluster a fails then automatically all the services are...

tanislav by Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! node 2 crashing when joins to cluster

In 3 node rac cluster node 2 crashing  when joing to cluster, how to fix the issue? below is the error vxfen: NOTICE: VCS FEN INFO V-11-1-34 The ioctl VXFEN_IOC_CLUSTSTAT returned 0 ARNING: VxVM vxio V-5-0-357 volcvm_gab_join: GLM_API_REGISTER fai...

jay123 by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! LUN removal in Solaris 10 10/09 with VxVM 5.1

Hello, I was assigned the removal of 86 unused LUNs in: # uname -a SunOS server 5.10 Generic_142900-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise # # cat /etc/release Solaris 10 10/09 s10s_u8wos_08a SPARC Copyright 2009 Sun ...

ferocci by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! VVR Replication configuration

HI Guys,   I am configuring the replication with our 2 node cluster using cluster. but when  adding the node is giving the error. i am not able to get proper logs also in engine.log and RVG.log. please help.   [root@AOSCEDA01 ~]# vradmin -g jceda...

lazaur by Level 4
  • 33 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! New filesystem creation in vxvm

We have a request of creation of new filesystem  /RMLS01/oradata5---> Add this new mount point  of 252GB   # vxassist -g RMTSTP01_ora_data_dg maxsize Maximum volume size: 999329792 (487954Mb)   When we checked the free space 487954Mb/1024 = 476...

Resolved! Upgrade Path

Hi, can I directly upgrade my SFRAC 6.0.3 to SFRAC 6.1.1 ? or do i have to upgrade it first to the BASE 6.1 before applying the MAINTENANCE RELEASE 6.1.1 ?

kwakou by Level 4
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! ENABLE READ ONLY FOR AN ENCLOSURE WITH DMP

Hello, I have a media server where the disks belonging to a specific enclosure are misbehaving. Their response times are extremely high using vxdmpadm iostat and i can also see from the OS logs that they are faulty. How can i just disable writes to...

kwakou by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Unable to import disk Group - udid mismatch - label missing

Unable to import DG , Below is vxdisk list O/P : DEVICE       TYPE           DISK        GROUP        STATUS               OS_NATIVE_NAME   ATTR         disk_0       auto:none      -            -           online invalid       c0t5000CCA0251DB3C8d0...

hytham_fekry by Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos