Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Storage Foundation
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Does Anyone Think This Product is Any Good..

I am in the process of testing and deploying but Apart from the White paper there doesn't seem to be much info on the net about this nor has there been any rave reviews about this prodcut? Can someone please share with me their exp with this product ...

pmyint by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

VEA doesnt show up any disks, useful info to work

Hi,I added VRTSob package to my existing vxvm3.5 environment running on solaris 8 about 12 sun servers , 9 of them were workin fine . and three of them were able to connect and login thru VEA from windows but nothing usefull showsup after loggin...

back up fails, but data is backed up

I have created a back up job that is backing up data from multiple disks in a single machine. The job completes but Vertitas says that the job has failed. I have tried a number of things with no success - re-installing, creating new jobs, registery h...

VxVM demo license expired

Hi,Just want to know what happen if vxvm demo license expired on Solaris system. Can I still access or write to filesystems and what happen if you reboot the server if rootdisk is under VxVM rootdg?Thanks in advance.

Cannot create snapshot

I have some solaris 9 I'm setting up with snapshot volumes. I created several, and then started testing them. On the first attempt, it worked fine: I broke off the snapshot, fsck'd it, mounted it, unmounted it and did a snapback without problems.Sinc...

Why alarm messages & email not sent to users??

I have followed & put in the necessary settings for both file blocking & space allocation. However,the alarm messages are not sent to users at all. The messages are displayed on my server's screen.When i check the server's event viewer, the messages ...

How to delete volume from Veritas

HiWe have a cluster name A and B . I am using Veritas Storage foundation for databases and when I am trying to delete one volume from volume list it says cannot delete the volume as it is in use. This is on solaris os.There is no file system on it . ...

Using SQL Loader

Hi All ,Is there a way to validate and load the data from a csv file to oracle table using sqlldr.1.My file will be containg null fields and i want put some spaces into that particular field only if it is null while loading,Please note that my table...

Problem with Zip Files

hijust want to confirm that if a policy exists to block media files and a user simply zips a media file they can then copy this to the restricted drive with no blocking. The only way around this is to block zip files aswell????this can't be right??

Moving from Sun to IBM

I am moving a system across platforms. I currently have a system on Sun using vxfs filesystems and volume management. The server is SAN attached and uses drives on an Hitachi 9960 array. We replicate the storage using the Hitachi Truecopy utility and...

How do you add a disk?

I'm trying to add a disk. Solaris format command returnsc4t0d0.I've tried vxdiskadd c4t0d0 Error message - no matching disks were returned. Next, I tried,vxdctl enable then vxdiskadd c4t0d0 - I get the same message. Next I tried vxdctl add disk c...