Did you mean: 
Storage Foundation
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

problem with storage foundation

when you delete a file from a directory database (Oracle,TimesTen) created with veritas, does not release the space:   example: [root@ixtrtc11scb ~]# ls -lrt /TimesTen/TransactionLogs/* /TimesTen/TransactionLogs/lost+found: total   0 ...

Resolved! Missing avid based naming feature in SF5.1 SP1

Hello Everybody, I'm missing a feature which was thrown out in Veritas Storage Foundation 5.1 SP1. As stated in the "Veritas Storage Foundation Release Notes": Changes to DMP coexistence with native multi-pathing The following limitations apply when ...

xkrass by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Veritas Storage Foundation Cluster File System

I have 2 linux node on that i need to install Veritas Storage Foundation Cluster File System and after that created the share file system /data1 should be on shared storage and be available on two cluster nodes simultaneously as shared file systems. ...

suchit by Level 3
Partner
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limit I/O on VxVM volumes

Hi everybody, I was looking for a solution to set limits for I/O usage on VxVM volumes, but couldn't find anything that fits my requirements. Maybe one of you can help me. I'm running a HA-Cluster on RHEL 5 with iSCSI storage managed by VxVM. The iSC...

Resolved! SF CFS for RAC without GCO option

Hi Everyone, I have a cluster setup where I have a 2 node primary SF CFS for RAC cluster (for RHEL) and a single node as DR for the same. I am suing VVR to replicate the volumes accross to DR. I do not have the GCO option license. My question is, wha...

shahfar by Level 5
Accredited Certified
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Splitting large CFS cluster

Hiya, I've been tasked with splitting are large CFS cluster (SLES11/SFS 5.1), no application service groups thankfully, just CFS sg's... I've identified where the splits can be made and the first task will be to take 2 nodes out of the large cluster ...

Resolved! Storage Foundation Basic

I am looking at implementing Storage Foundation Basic on some of our systems that fit the requirements for it but one question I have is wheter or not it supports Mirroring. I assume it does, but wanted to make sure. Thanks

Resolved! VxVM vxdisksetup ERROR V-5-2-3535 c1t2d0s2: Invalid dmpnodename for disk device c1t2d0.

# vxdisk list | grep -i disk_1 Disk_1       auto:none       -            -            online invalid    # vxdisk -e list | grep -i disk_1 Disk_1       auto      -             -            online       c1t2d0s2  # prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c1t2d0s2 * /d...

sandy321 by Level 4
Certified
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! vxdisk list showing dgdisabled

heres the vxdisk list output  DEVICE       TYPE      DISK         GROUP        STATUS c0t0d0s2      sliced    disk1         rootdg         online c0t1d0s2    sliced     disk2         appdg        online dgdisabled   vxprint -ht not working for app...

splendor by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Unable to Add New HDD into RAID 5 DG

Hi All,   There was one Disk failed in RAID 5 DG. Which was replaced , Current vxprint -htg raid 5 output shown as below.   bash-2.03# vxprint -htg raid5 dg raid5        default      default  73000    1019571721.1080.DEV-ADC dm raid501      -       ...

Resolved! not able to move volume from one dg to other

i have 2 dgs rootdg and datadg as shown below root@SDPPAP01 # vxprint -htg datadg   dg datadg       default      default  71000    1288246437.26.SDPPAP01 dm mirrordisk   c0t1d0s2     auto     20351    143328960 - v  appsvol      -            DISABLE...

sandy321 by Level 4
Certified
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! solaris 10 with vxvm 5.0 on vvmware

hi i am new to both the community and veritas i want to install solaris 10 with vxvm 5.0 on my vmware  can anybody here give me steps to do that i have already downloaded vxvm 5.0 and installed solaris 10 on my virtual machine thank you

pandy by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! VEA Server has failed to start

When trying start vxsvcctl (vea) I'm getting error "VEA Server has failed to start..." In log file /var/vx/isis/vxisis.log I have found error listed below: Log file /var/vx/isis/vxisis.log is being appended, not overwritten czw 09 wrz 2010 11:57:54 ...

umichal by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Need Help on Migration

Hi, I'm trying to outline the steps to migrate an Oracle RAC (using ASM volumes) environment to SFRAC. Do you think the following steps are enough? Our setup will be similar to this:            ---RAC-1 --- SAN--|                    |-------------...

savasirez by Level 3
Employee
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos