Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Using Backup Exec within an image

I am creating a Windows 7 image and want to include BESR 11.x on it (in addition to other programs) - this will then be deployed to several hundred computers over time.  I know that for other software I need to delete the GUID so that once the comput...

SYSTEM RECOVERY Y BACKUP EXEC

With SYTEM SYMANTEC RECOVERY I can do a complete picture of the server operating system and SAP applications on that server tabajo, but if I can get a new copy every week and I want to update manually or automatically to the first image that was take...

mgonzales by Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Server freezed by BE System Recovery backup jobs

we recently bought Symantec BackupExec System recovery 8.5 SBS and installed it on a Windows 2003 SBS Standard SP2.  Every time I run a backup job to backup C: drive (45GB) with Active Directory partition, the server freezes completely an...

AK47 by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatic Restore Scheduling

Is it possible to configure Backup Exec 11d such that restore jobs can be scheduled automatically as opposed to manually such that after a backup, a sample set of data which could be a couple folders, if not one, can be restored to a partition or net...

System recovery on SBS 2003, unable to access AD

Recently our MS SBS 2003 server went down, glad I had a copy of the backup using Symantec System Recovery 8 server edition.  I've restored the complete images to a brand new different server using restore anywhere, and that went well, everything was ...

OxYi by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec System Recovery Option Question

Hi, We are considering buying Backup Exec System Recovery Option as a compliment to our existing Backup Exec 11d for Windows. Some of our servers have Backup Exec 11d installed but the servers where we want to install the System Recovery Option doesn...

M2A by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error applying transforms

I am getting this error when I try to install BESR 7.  What is this error and how is it fixed? Windows Installer:Error applying transforms.Verify transforms paths are valid.Message Edited by PS_PBLX on 02-15-2008 11:58 AMMessage Edited by PS_PBLX on ...

PS_PBLX by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to generate GUID

Hi Guys, I'm trying to trial Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery , I've installed the software and I'm trying to create a new 'Easy Installer' however when click finish to complete the Easy Installer wizard it fails with message. Details    Data    ...

Problem with USB hard drive after recovery

situation: SBS 2003 sp1hp ML110 G4when I connect a USB external hard disk drive (WD my book 320) the external disk drive is visible as a disk 1 but does not show volumes in the logical disk management. It shows the correct size but it does not get a ...

Wolsink by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job

Im having trouble with BESR 7.0 on one of my SBS2003 servers.  Here is the Error: Notification Type: ErrorPriority: HighDescription: Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of  (C:\),  (F:\). Info 60BB0154: Snapshot failed...

gcans by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Image restore to same machine failed

I had a situation back in December when a client's SBS server had failed.  We replaced the RAID drives and attempted to restore the System Volume.  The thought process with System Recovery was to restore the system volume and then pull the data volum...

Remove low on diskspace message in the Event Viewer

I get the bellow errormessage in the event log when creating a image. the diskspace free is 250 GB of a 3.5 TB partition. Some clients are now getting worried about there servers running low on space and since this is not the case i would like System...

Labels