Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Backups Failing - Cannot create recovery points for job

Hi,    1st post.   We have recently installed Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Management Console.  We have deployed the Altiris Agent and the Backup Exec 2010 Plug in.     We have a mixture of Server 2000/2003/2008R2 servers running BESR 8/8.5 and 2...

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job, Error ED800019 could not be opened, Error E7D1000E: Unable to open (UMI:V-281-3215-6071)

We are using Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Server Edition on Windows 2003   Following error taken place once or twice a week during the scheduled backup time. And the final backup image cannot be created.  This job can run normally sometimes. The ...

BackupExec Red X

Hello,   This has happened a number of times and I'm wanting to know what this icon means.   The backup is successful, the service is started, however as seen in the attachment there is a red X icon next to my backup job.  What does that mean?   I've...

C_P2 by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

SBS 2008 Server, System Recovery 2010, 3TB USB drive

Hi all, This is might be a repeat questions. I just bought a 3TB USB drive to replace our old 500GB USB drive to store all of the recovery points on System Recovery. For some reason I'm not able to see the 3 TB drive on the System Recovery so I can u...

CP by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

restore one node image of sql cluster

hi everyone   i have taken an image of the active node in an sql cluster using BESR 2010 from a vmware enviroment and deployed it on another machine in our lab. the windows boots fine and in failover cluster manager i can bring all disks and network ...

Afahmy by Level 3
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

BESR 2010 unable to backup

The system I am using is Windows 2003 server R2 with 4G RAM. The HDD size is 6T and 2.2T has beed used. Last week BESR 2010 failed to back up my data. the event log says "Application unable to continue due to lack of memory". I have taken the followi...

Po by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error E7D1000B: Unable to make directory

Hi all, I have 7 servers using BESR2010 all backing up to 1 server on the network. All of these servers backups have failed all with the same error below: Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of System Reserved (*:\), (...

Triven by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! how to find/change "send to" email for alerts

copied this over from backup exec forum as I posted in wrong place to start.   Running Backup Exec System Recovery SBS 2010 on windows server 2003. I have stepped into a preconfigured setup. I am getting logs/alerts from 2 different emails that have ...

unable to restore backup to SSD using BESR 2010

Hello All; here is my situation. I have 2.5" SATA spinning disk (Seagate 320 GB ST9320423AS) which I would like to backup and then restore to a 2.5" SATA SSD disk (Intel 120GB SSDSC2CW120A3), basically performing a disk copy (the entire disk, all par...

brian_brotschi by Level 3
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

system recovery on SBS2011

Hello everyone, i have SBS2011 that i need to move to the same server after we redo the RAID arrays.  Since we only have one server we want to test eveyrthing and make sure we do things propery.  The only thing we have to do a simulation is to setup ...

iworkhere by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Deleting recovery points from full drive

I have a new customer who backs up 3 servers to a NAS using Symantec BackupExec System Recovery 2010 and Symantec System Recovery 2011. The problem is that the backup jobs were set to only warn when the backup disk was getting full and apparently tha...

JLeslie by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kerberos error occurs when starting BESR 2010

After moving a server to another domain, each time BESR 2010 ( VProConsole) is opened an error occurs in the WIndows SYSTEM event log.  Error Code: 0x7 KDC_ERR_S_PRINCIPAL_UNKNOWN . Server Realm: PCN1.LOCAL Server Name: krbtgt/PCN1.LOCAL Target Nam...

TerryCain by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

BESR 2010 - Facilitate VSS quiescing.

Hi.  New to this forum so sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place.  Been running BESR 2010 for a number of years now to cover our Windows 2008 SBS Server and it has done great especially for restoring files from time to time that have either b...

Resolved! Best Way to Restore Using System Recovery 2011

I wonder if anyone can help me: We have Client Server Dell PowerEdge T410, and everyday we backup on tape using Backupexe to tape and full system backup using Symantec System Recovery 2010 on USB drive. Now we have a new server Dell PowerEdge T310 Ra...

Remotely Run LiveUpdate on Unmanaged BESR 2010 Clients

Hello, I have a number of unmanaged BESR 2010 clients, mostly at version 9.0.4.42294.  If I run live update while logged into a given system, the update to version 9.0.5.45729 happens without problem.  Is there a way I can remotely run LiveUpdate so ...

dale_m1 by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems with full VSS backup in BESR 2010

Hi,  Hoping I can get some assistance. Windows 2008 server running MS Exchange 2010 backups are configured to create independent recovery point    in the log file each morning is the following      Info 67B70171: VSS Writer ASR Writer failed.Check th...

AliCarr by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels