Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

how to do P2V UEFI systemwith SSR

Hi, I 've an ibm server with UEFI bios and i would like test the restauration with SSR 201x the P2V conversion is Ok . I create an VM into HyperV system but the system don't boot i tried with Vmware ESXi, idem Have you suggestions thanks

IGSI_Support by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

BESR2010 Automatic Cancellation of a backup job

Hi all, I am running BESR 2010  Version 9.0.2. Is it possible to make the job automatically cancel if its been running longer than a certain amount of time? I only ask as i have not yet found a fix for where the job sits at 95% Updating History   Tha...

Triven by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BESR 2010 Events Not Triggered

Hi I am running Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 using files and folder option, when i try to set the event trigger "any user logs on to the computer". The event is not triggered upon logging out and logging on to the computer. Is there anything tha...

BESR 2010 Creating Recovery Point 95%

Hi all, I have BESR2010 (Version 9.0.5.45729) on 5 servers all Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise On 3 of the servers the BESR 2010 backup job sits at 95% Updating History. The only way to get this to work is to restarted the services and re-run the j...

Triven by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

BESR 2010 Desktop

Hallo, I want to install BESR 2010 Desktop on an Windows 7 64 bit (new laptop). I get on the end of the install (98%) an error: Error 2738 Could not access VBScript run time for custom action. In the application event log there is an event ID 10000...

Resolved! System Recovery Offsiite Copy Backup

Hi I have a question.I am currently using BESR 2010 and setting up a scheduled backup using recovery point set option.I would like to configure "Offsite Copy" backup but i am not able to find an option for scheduling the offsite backup creation,if th...

Jordanco by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec seeing dependencies that don't exist

We have a new client using Backup Exec set up to delete old backup sets as space is needed. The problem they seem to be having is that Backup Exec is deleting the old backup set from the disk correctly, but emails "Error E98F0038: Specified object ca...

KenWK by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Query about SMTP Email Priority Level messages

I have googled and not managaed to find an answer. I have setup SMTP Email alerts pending the result of a backup job but the user that will be receiving the notification emails is quite awkward and will moan if he gets too many emails notifications a...

Triven by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AexNSAgent.exe runs with high CPU

Hi, every morning the AexNSAgent.exe runs with high CPU (30-70%), this lasts a few hours... What could be the problem? Attached the Agent.log-File from C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Logs   Client: Windows XP SP3   Backups works fine, but wit...

lsag by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows Server Recovery

Hi, I am looking for a best practice to setup backup jobs for Windows server. I am running two backup jobs currently, Daily and Weekends. The daily job backup “System State” and “Shadow Copy Components only The Weekend job backup “System State”, “Sha...

Resolved! BESR 2010 Offsite Copy: Old copies not deleting

Hi, I have set up a backup with Offsite Copy enabled.  It's going to a 1 TB external hard drive.  However, I can't seem to figure out a way to make BESR delete the old backups...  We have 5 full backups dating back to 4/9/2012, all over 150 GB, with ...

Resolved! Advvantages of Weekly back up over Monthly back up

Hi , I  am havig windows server  having weekly  back up. i am  planing to change that to monthly back up .. Kindly advise me for the  same .Any advantages or drawbacks for  chaging to monthly back up ? Kindly advise me for the same  

Resolved! backups failing

Here is the issue with BESR 2010 SP5 after sum days it is again failing with 1 % status only.   Error EBAB0013: A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly. POSTCONDITION failed, CopyLegacyBootManager::GetDestinationRegion...

sandys by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BESR 2010 - Memory Access Violation

Hi guys, error below, Any thoughts?   Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of VD2_SERVER - HP MSA Volume (D:\).  Error EBAB03E9: Internal Application Error: Memory Access Violation c0000005: Application tried to read m...

Triven by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BESR 2010 A Test That Safeguards the Integrity

Afternoon All, I am receiving the below message when trying to backup my data:   Error EC8F03ED: Cannot create the recovery point.   Error EBAB0013: A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly. CHECK failed, Computer::Cre...

Triven by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

permissions missing after restoring the backup

I have below scenario. i have scheduled the backup the for server A's D drive & C: drive (os installed) now all the full and incremental are happening on A server . now i removed this Server A from rack and install new OS on server B and movd this se...

sandys by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BESR 2010 stops working the 1st of every month

We get the following error on two BESR 2010 installations on the first of every month.  The job starts at 2:00 am and about 22 minutes later, this is logged:   Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of Sys (C:\), Data (E:...

Labels