Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Error message when try to run a buckup

Hi,   I am using Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 8.5. When I try to run a backup , error message appear that cannot retrieve backup job properties. kindly help me on this issue.    Thanks.

Oman311 by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

BESRM 8.0 Installation Issues

I have been having some issues with the BESRM installation version 8.0.2.26412. It initially asked to install a certificate and when I did, I received the following message: Authentication Error: Could not log on with supplied host name, user ID, and...

Backing up Domain Controller

Hi guys, i'm new to this forum, appreciate if some help is given for my problem here :) i'm running 2 domain controllers, both on Windows Server 2003 The BESR job has not been able to run at all, they have been facing these problems: Drive based back...

Backup Exec System Recovery

Hi !!   First of all excuse me for my translation, I speak a little english. I work with BESR 8.5 and OpenNMS, my SNMP services in Windows and in BESR is enabled and I have integrated the mib. I get the traps on my openNMS but it's very basic. ...

BESR 8.5 and Exchange 2010 not truncating log files

We recently upgraded our Exchange 2007 server to 2010. I have noticed since then that the Exchange 2010 log files are not being truncated by BESR 8.5. I have the VSS option enabled in my backup. Does anything else need to happen? Does BESR 8.5 not su...

BESR USB 3TB Disk

I have BESR 8.5 working with 2TB USB drive for backup. I am trying to add a 3TB USB drive as a backup location and it will allow me to select it but will not continue through the backup job creation. It just stops and will not continue when I click n...

Tekman by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! backup exec 8.5

Purchased a official  Symantec Backup and recovery 8.5  for Small Business Sever, and it  works great! Tested backup and restore. Quick and Easy.     The only problem I have is that the granular online recovery for Exchange give me license issue:...

Resolved! Symantec System Recovery 8.5

Hi all, I had used Symantec System Recovery 8.5 and i always renew license every year, can i upgrade Symantec System Recovery 8.5 to Symantec System Recovery Server 2011? And what're different between two products? Thanks and Bestregard John

John_Ray by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Logon loop after recovery - Windows 2000

Hello everybody, I'm actually facing a problem in my company. We have Windows 2000 servers that we want to upgrade to Windows 2003, and we want to increase the disks spaces ( from 36Gb to 72Gb ). To make this, I make a system backup of my server usin...

Cyril_L by Level 3
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

reset password backup exec system recovery manager

hi, I lost my password. message of error   Détails     Données         System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal     Exception interne         No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.29.106.62:8443     Messa...

Backup exec system recovery problem

i am usuing recovery manager version 8. after backup is done I mount one of the backup disks, when i try to copy files from the disk it fails with a windows error cannot read from the source file or disk. i do not see any reports of backup failure.  ...

Resolved! Symantec Backup with NAS

hi gurus, i need your advice. We're using Symantec backup 12 and it's working fine but currently the server is running out of space. I'm planning to buy a NAS and use the current server to run the Symantec backup software but put all the data on the ...

Resolved! BESR ports for DMZ servers

Hello I have BESR 8.5 setup on our network and is happily managing our servers. However I would like to take images of our servers in the DMZ. Does anyone know if this is explained anywhere, which computers are the initiators etc. Thanks so much

Buster78 by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

System Recovery 8.5 SMTP Setup

I have BESR 8.5 running on windows 2003 STD. I want to setup SMTP setting for all computer's that i m backing up but for some reason setting's only apply to source computer. Is there a way to apply setting's to all computer's? I fallowed the instruct...

Resolved! Rehosting Backup Exec System Recovery 8

I have Backup Exec System Recovery 8 running on a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise.  I am decommissioning the server and want to move the software to my new server, Windows Server 2008 Enterprise R2.  Will Backup Exec System Recovery 8  run on this new...

Need steps to restore Exchange 2003 / 2007 with BESR

Good day everybody, I am looking for a step by step article or process to demonstrate how you restore an exchange database with BESR 8.5 or later.  I have looked all over the forums but do not see anything that would be a step by step article.  If yo...

jontg428 by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Raidcontroller wird nicht erkannt

Ich versuche eine Systemwiederherstllung auf einem neuen Server. Hierin ist ein LSI Megaraid SAS 9260-8i verbaut, der jedoch nicht erkannt wird. Auch über zusätzliche Treiber installieren kann kein Treiber eingebunden werden. Wir kann ich die entspre...

Labels