Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Backup Exec System Recovery

When creating a new job or editing an existing one i get a message CANNOT RETRIEVE BACKUP JOB PROPERTIES I tried all solutions posted and nothing works, could anyone help regarding this issue   Br

ihabfarah by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec Backup Exec Sytem Recovery 8

Hallo ich kann keine Offsite Kopie erstellen. Es kommt immer folgende Fehlermeldung :Fehler EC8F1FA5: Nicht genügend freier Speicherplatz zum Erstellen der Offsite-Kopie auf X. Was ist das Problem und wie kann ich es Lösen?

SNMP Monitoring for BESR 8.5

Hi All,   I was just looking for a solution towards monitoring my client backups in BESR8.5 and wanted somebody to help me on this: We are having BESR 8.5 in Win 2003R2 and about 1200 clients and till now I have been checking it through BESR Manager ...

Backup freezes on 5%

Environment: Windows Server 2003 Standard X86, Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 8.5.5 (backup of C-drive only), TSM running for filebackup of non System drives. Servers have installed DNS, IIS, File server and SQL, so they have high load.   The b...

Resolved! Backup exec SR 8.5 licensing issue

Hi There, we have been using BESR 8.5 for a few years now and really like it. This week i have been building a new server Win 2003 Standard R2 64bit, to replace a 32bit server of the same type. The problem is that the install on the new server wont a...

Backupexec system system recovery 8.5

I am getting the following error  since  last few days   when running backup either manually or  scheduled the os is win2003 32 bit ent (/PAE switch enabled ) 16 GB ram   Event Type:    Error Event Source:    Backup Exec System Recovery Event Categ...

Image grown from 35gig to 100gig overnight

Hi i have problem with a PC that is creating a c Drive image but for some reason the image has gone from 35gig to over 100gig overnight I have checked and the C drive and it is only using 40gig The PC is windows XP Pro System Recovery Version 8.0 Th...

BESR 8.5 Licenses

I would like to know if Symantec still sells licenses for the older versions of their products. I need to purchase a license for BESR 8.5 since the newer versions cannot be installed on a Windows 2000 Server.   Any assistance will be appreciated.   T...

Sacha_Brown by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Convert BESR Backups to VMware VM

We have two virtual servers is all, both running on one physical server on VMware ESXi (free). We are using Symantec BESR 8.5 to backup these VMs to a NAS then copied to a USB drives which is taken off site nightly. It's setup to create fulls on 1st ...

Upgrade server. Win server 2003 to 2008

Hi all I am a bit of a novice when it comes to upgrading server software. I run a small business of approx 150 employees. We have a server which runs windows server 2003. This is our microsoft exchange server. Is there for symantec backup exec syst...

chowmouse by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Updating BESR 8.5 to SSR2011

I am currently using the BESR 6.5 and 8.5,  can anyone have an idea on how I can migrate to SSR2011?. Aslo the requirement for the migration (client and Management console) and also for the licensing,   Thanks.

job cannot be retrieved besr

Hi, i've been installing BESR on a windows 2003 server R2. when iam defining my backup scheduled i receive the error" job cannot be retrieved" i checked permission and it's ok. help please.

Backup Exec System Recovery 8.5 giving blue screen

Hello I have a problem with backup exec 8.5 apparently it is stopping our server and giving us a blue screen of death.  We got the software in 2009 and it was working great for but apparently an update went out and now it keeps giving us a system fai...

Supported OS BESR 8.5

Is 2008 R2 SP1 supported with BESR 8.5? Im struggling to find documentation with this info in it. If it is supported, Ive got another forum post to create with lots of errors :) Thanks in advance for any help Ian

ian0x0r by Not applicable
Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels