Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Accessing v2i file from 2009

I have a .v2i backup file made in 2009 from a machine that is now long dead.  I would like to be able to at least inspect the contents of this file.  So far, following advice found in this forum and other places, I have tried: "Ghost Explorer" progr...

My computer caught fire…

I was advised to repost this topic here by Symantec...   All I have got left is the external drive, (USB, 1000 GB), containing the backups. I wasn't unduly worried – after all this is why you have backups isn't it?  The computer was fairly old an...

cgaski3 by Level 4
  • 27 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to restore shared backup?

How i can perform below:given restoration? Server source: XYZ Backup date to use: 16 June 2014 Source:\\ABC\commun\commun\TECHLOG_EP\PROJECT_QATAR Server Target: PSDWAMET Target: \\ABC\commun\commun\TECHLOG_EP\QATAR\Restauration ...

Syntax167 by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

D drive is not accessible (where PGP was installed)

I am having a problem with my laptop in recovering the data on one of the partition. On my laptop, I had PGP-WDE installed with C: and D:. On C: the OS, WinXP was installed and D: had all my personal/official data. I have upgraded to windows 7 and l...

Amirdeenj by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BESRv7 move to Win7Pro

I have a WinXP PC that is retiring.  Is it possible to move the BESR installation to the Win7Pro replacement PC?  If so, is there any documentaion.  thanks

Resolved! Can BESR restore System State?

The server runs Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 and Symantec Backup Exec System Recover Server Edition ver 6.5.0.17171. Is it possible to restore the System State like it is with Backup Exec 2010? If so, how is it done? I've looked through the program but...

JLeslie by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

is there any BESR version supports windows 98 \ 95?

is there any BESR version supports windows 98 \ 95? I have a few windows 95 \ 98 computer, I need to use BESR backup OS, but found that the current version is not supported. I tested BESR 8.0,8.5,2011... Which version of BESR whether there is support...

neol_zhai by Not applicable
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

about ghost, I lost my data

I use the ghost backup system,but I choose "partion to partion" ,partion "C" to "E"(I know is wrong now),but the data of "E" is important,can I recover data?please.

Forgot Norton Ghost Recovery Password

Hello... My name is Eduardo. I forgot the Norton Ghost Recovey Password. When I boot my pc with the recovery dvd and I choose for recoverying, it asks me a user´s name and the password, and I forgot it. What can I do ? TKS...   Eddie

Public key questions

When one renews their SSL certificate, 1. will The public key change? 2. where we can find the public key associated with the renewed certifcate. 3. what needs to do after renewing the certificate

besecure by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

PGP WHOLE DISK ENCRYPTION

I have the above product installed on my business pc.  I manage vacation rentals. I backup vital files from the software on an encrypted thumb drive. PC crashed yesterday and now I need to access the thumb drive on a new pc. How would I go about gett...

Mhorst by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Without sv2i system index file during recovery process

Hi, I would like to know whether there is any problem/impact if we only have backup sources files *.v2i without *.sv2i file during recovery process. Besides, what is the purpose of the *.sv2i file? Symantec backup software version:- Symantec Backup E...

symsup by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Norton Ghost backup

1.  During the Backup procedure I am asked to set the number of recovery points.  What is a recovery point, and what determines how many?   2.  Incremental Backup is, I presume, the updating of an existing backup.  If this is the case, will the incre...

Resolved! Planned End of Life Date

Does anybody know where I can find out if there is a planned end of life date for the following product: Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 7.0 (7.0.1.21808) By end of life I mean when Symantec will no longer be publishing fixes to security issues....

Norton GoBack Restore Points

Lately my Norton GoBack reports it doesn't have any Safe Points to which it can restore my system. Is there any way I can cause such points to be created from time to time? This used to happen automatically, but not in he past couple of days, even th...

EnDash by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels