Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Hot Swap - Lost disk format?

In my desktop PC I have an hot swap adapter. This allow me to have two or more hard drives with the same drive letter say "E:" Most of the time I use the hot swap for different groups of files (Movies on one drive, Books on a different) and the drive...

TenOC by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Symantec system recovery backup selection

Hello guys,   We are using Symantec system recovery 2013 r2..We need to backup OUR DC,2 mbx server and local server(BE server).So ineed to know what are drive we need to backup,Only c drive??

shaabin by Level 4
Partner
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

System Recovery

Dear All,   i need to know what is diffrence between Backup Exec and System Recovery technically.   What i know is system recovery takes block levelbackup whereas Backup  Exec filelevel backup.   Which one is more preferable ? And what is the d...

Resolved! DA search for send on behalf user

Hi guys Need some hint for following search in DA ----------- • All emails forwarded from user "kat" after  15th July 2015 • All emails send on behalf of "adam" by "kat" also Exchange message tracking logs --------------------------------------...

SSR-MS 2013 Login Credentials

Hi All, I would like to know what is the login credentials for SSR-MS 2013. Example: Admin account with domain admin previliges or local admin.   thanks.  

Dismiss old notification server and register new one

I had to replace the old server running SSR 2013 R2 management solution with a new one. Toghether with this, I also moved the SQL database from an old 2008R2 server to a new sql 2012 server. These servers when down, so I was restoring the database by...

Best Practices SSR 2013 MS Creating Backup Policies

We have employed System Recovery 2013 R2 Management Solution as the backup/restore solution for client desktops in my organisation. And for my sins I have just inherited the day to day administration of said infrastructure product. I was wondering i...

Resolved! Automatically assigning SSR 2013 license to Clients

Hi, we are using Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 Managament solution and I was after a method of automating the assigning of licenses to client pc's. Is such a thing possible, are there any SSR snapins or modules for PowerShell? If not what can b...

Resolved! Best solution to back up Citrix Xen Server

Hello, I am wondering what the best solution would be for the following: I have on Citrix Xen Server host that has 7 virtual machines on it.  I am currently using PHD Virtual to back this up to a NAS.  I am looking to move to different software...

Resolved! Exchange 2013 issue with SSR 2013

I have just migrated to Exchange 2013, CU7. I have tested  Symantec System Recovery and it does make backups. The issue is SSR 2013 is supposed to be VSS aware, and yet it does not truncate the transaction log files in Exchange 2013 when a full backu...

RViney by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! restore registry of regedit

Hi, is possible restore registry of regedit only with symantec system recovery or only restore files and folders? Hola, es posible restaurar registros de regedito solamente mediante system recovery o solamente se pueden restaurar archivos y carpetas...

n3m3sls by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Server 2012R2 Hyper-V Host Backup and Restore Process

Running Server 2012R2 and using Hyper-V for multiple guest VMs.  An additional networked server is available for storage of backups. What is the best practice (or KB article) for using System Recovery 2013R2 (Server Edition) to backup and restore gu...

JKisner by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSR2013R2 Powershell Error

WIndows 2008 SP2 - SSR 2013 R2 (Eval) trying to get a job that I created to fire with the RunJobNow.PS1   (BTW, would be an idea to add the following to report what job ID's for each job)   catch     {         $v2iAuto.ImageJobs         Write-Ho...

Krugler by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to run SSR-2013 with SMP 7.5?

We are upgrading to 7.5 out of necessity, but have a handful of nodes that use SSR-2013, which apparently is not supported by SMP 7.5. What exactly are we supposed to do? Are we supposed to run a 7.1 NS in parallel and keep those nodes on it? I can't...

Migrating Symantec System Recovery 2013 Server Edition

Hi, I am currently deploying a new Windows 08 server that I plan on migrating my existing Symantec System Recovery backups/jobs over to. The Servers are the same OS/x64 and will have the same version of SSR2013 Version 11.0.1.47662.   My question i...

BESR-directory is invalid

Hi,   The BESR job is failing with the following error: (-- The job failed with the following error: The directory is invalid.   What could be the reason behind this error? How can I solve it?   Regards,    

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels