Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

SBS 2008 Server, System Recovery 2010, 3TB USB drive

Hi all, This is might be a repeat questions. I just bought a 3TB USB drive to replace our old 500GB USB drive to store all of the recovery points on System Recovery. For some reason I'm not able to see the 3 TB drive on the System Recovery so I can u...

CP by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Symantec System recovery 2013

Hi , i'm very newer in SSR and i need to know some Knolage base: 1- SSR Server edition are just using  for backuping servers? 2-SSR Desktop Edition are just used for backuping workstation? 3- in SSR Desktop Edition there is a management console fo...

Defrag?

Since I defrag my drives every month before it creates a new base, is there any reason to defag the destination drive? Seems redundant. Windows selects all drives when setting defrag to 'Auto' by default. Deselect that destination drive?   Thank you

Multiple Incremental Jobs for one drive/partition

Hello Community At the Moment we are evaluating a new Solution to backup. Now I would like to know if this is possible: Let's say I have a C: and want to incrementally backup it to D:\ and E:\. (Image!) Those two backups should be independent of each...

chelle by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

system recovery on SBS2011

Hello everyone, i have SBS2011 that i need to move to the same server after we redo the RAID arrays.  Since we only have one server we want to test eveyrthing and make sure we do things propery.  The only thing we have to do a simulation is to setup ...

iworkhere by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Deleting recovery points from full drive

I have a new customer who backs up 3 servers to a NAS using Symantec BackupExec System Recovery 2010 and Symantec System Recovery 2011. The problem is that the backup jobs were set to only warn when the backup disk was getting full and apparently tha...

JLeslie by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SSR 2011 not showing failed or missed backups.

Hi, I'm using a SSR 2011 Management Solutions. Here i've setup 2 policy's and 1 filter, meaning that a client receives 2 Backup Jobs. Through the Management Agent the SSR 2011 on the client does receive its Jobs. Each Jobs has a different destination...

Denus by Level 4
  • 31 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSR2013 (and SSSR2012) retention off-site copy

Dear, I deployed SSR2012 for a customer. 1 recovery point per month, retention 6 months. Configured an offsite copy to a second disk. All goes well. When the retention period on the BU disk is achived a clean happens as it should do. I notice that th...

Former Ghost 15 user - Getting trapped in the SSR 2013 Trial

A few days ago I had an issue with doing a system restore using Ghost 15.  I went to that forum for help and learned that Symantec was going to discontinue Ghost and recommended users "check out" SSR 2013 with its free trial. I downloaded the free tr...

mgshn by Level 3
  • 12 replies
  • 3 kudos

SSR2013 - MIB OID not working - No such object

I'm trying to work with OID's for Symantec to take up the slack from our RMM system which has not integrated its management features with Symantec System Recovery as effectively as I would have liked. I'm hoping by using OID's rather than an event lo...

_jam by Not applicable
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Using Multiple Drives for Storing Recovery Points

Hi - I'm in a situation where I have to backup about 3TB of storage to external HDs. I have two 2TB drives attached to the machine, is there a way to use both of them for recovery point storage? Since they're USB, I can't convert to dynamic and exten...

asolmssen by Level 3
Partner
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSR backup to multiple hard drives

I would like to establish a backup schedule that will backup to external hard drive 'A' daily for week one.  Then for week two, backup to external hard drive 'B'. For week three, go back to external hard drive 'A', for week four external hard drive '...

kaplang by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SSR 2011 Network password is not correct

Hi all, I'm getting the below message when trying to backup to a NAS box on the network, NAS box is accessible and has plenty of space. I am using System Recovery 2011 Version 10.0.0.39952 on a Win 2003 Standard Server. Passwords have not been change...

Triven by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

ASP.NET Error - anyone help please. BESR or SSR

Hello all, In the BESR integration component I am unable to select the disk drives on servers to be backed-up. I get this error message: An unhandled exception has occurred. NullReferenceException. How can I fix it? Thanks The complete event log...

Labels