Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! BESR 2010 - Granular Restore of Exchange

Hello All, I am evaluating / testing, BESR 2010. I was using windows server backup which does the job to an extent but doesn't offer granular restore of exchange etc. I restored the Windows Server Backup Image to a test server (Windows 2008, Excha...

Digerati by Level 4
  • 22 replies
  • 1 kudos

is BESR suitable for me?

Hi everyone, in my organization we are purchasing a new servers and we need a good backup software with it, we have about 12 windows server 2008 servers, a SAP system , a SAN Storage and a tape library. can BESR backup the servers and the files fr...

Afahmy by Level 3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Duplicate backup job to tape not reported in logs

We have a trial install of BE 2010 on a Win 2K3 Std SP2 server backing up to an attached disk array. We have a full backup job to disk which is linked to a duplicate backup to tape job. The backup to tape completes and the cataloge shows that all th...

SBSIT by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec recovery 2010

I have an issue with restoring an email message the GRO.  Has anyone made this work? I have installed the server edition on a 2008 server with Exchange 2007 I did the restore point.  Then run the GRO restore and I can see all the email accounts and m...

ips326 by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

BESR 2010 Granular Restore - cannot find EIF file

Hi, I've recently installed the evaluation version of BESR 2010 which i downloaded from the site. the backup works fine, with VSS enabled as well. However I keep getting "Cannot find EIF File" when trying to use the Granular restore for Exchange 2007...

Razta by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

BESR Backup Strategies/Plan

We just purchased 3 copies to backup the following servers: Domain Controller Exchange 2007 Server Financial Application with an SQL backend I am trying to develop a formal schedule for backing up these servers.  I've thought of the following metho...

ericsea by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

BESR won't purge Exchange 2010 Log Files

We have an Exchange 2010 Entp Server on Windows Server 2008 R2 Entp.  Since our only option for Store backups is BESR, we installed the trial to test it out.  The only problem we are having now is that BESR won't automatically purge the Exchange log ...

BESR 2010 - Exchange Backup - Missing EIF File

Hello.  I'm struggling to get the granular restore option to work with my trial of Backup Exec System Restore 2010. It works with one exchange 2003 server but not the other.  GRO reports that the EIF file is missing. On the server where GRO works, ...

Restoring Calendar Entries from a Mailbox

Well, today I discovered to my utter dismay that the BESR GRO does not restore Calendar, Contacts, Tasks or Notes items from within a mailbox and, according to a reply in this forum, Symantec has no plans to include this ability in the future.  So wh...

Resolved! BESR 2010 GR + Outlook 2010 (Beta) = Not Detected?

Just wondering if anyone's having a similar issue? I've installed BESR on to a few Server 08 R2 boxes as it finally supports Exchange 2010 (main reason for purchase). This works and backs up as expected which is great. However, when loading the Gra...

Rikus by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exchange 2003 seems to freeze when backing up system

Hi, I am testing BESR and tried to backup our Exchange 2003 server today, aftewr about 6% the systems seems to freeze and I could not do anything with it.  Even after ending the program the server was still unusable until i did a hard reboot. Any i...

mstovold by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! The purpose of BESR 2010 Driver Validation ?

Hi All, Does anyone know what is the purpose of Driver validation in BESR 2010 ? can we install or copy the drivers into the CD (edit the .ISO file using UltraISO ?) and then the hardware can be use as the target restoration ?

Resolved! BESR 2010 questions

1. How long is the trialware good for?? 2. WILL Symantec release BESR 2010 within the next 30-60 days?? I don't want the trialware to expire. 3. Regarding the GRO option,  I understand that the readme says that Outlook 2003 or 2007 must be installe...

TomMLS by Level 5
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels