Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

SSR 2011 - can not restore running system

We have a Hyper-V server HOSTA (Windows Server 2008 Std SP2 x64) with 2 guests SBSA (Windows SBS 2008 SP2 x64) and APPSA (Windows Server 2008 Std SP2 x64). Both SBSA and APPSA have Symantec System Recovery 2011 (Build 10.0.0.39952) installed, and ...

BESR Training

Got Training??   Ask us today in this forum about our latest and greatest training offerings for Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery.   It’s all designed to help you manage IT risk and operate with confidence in a connected world.  

rlucas by Level 3
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

BESR vs BUExec for VMware Guest exchange servers

Allo f my CLients Exchaneg 2007 servers are running as VM Guest sin ESX 3.5.  I am tired of the dysfuntional and insconsistant backups we get from BUE (12.5 w/advanced disk).  Would I be better off using BESR with granular restore than BUE?  the clie...

Unable to find the Exchange Information File (EIF)

I have installed the trial version of the "Symantec Backup Exec Recovery Granular Restore option". It is version 8.5.1.29668 and it is installed on Symantec's Recovery Server version 8.5.1.29666. Server is 2003R2 Standard Edition SP2. The image data ...

GRO must run 64bit to recover Exch 07?

I'm running v 8.02 everything and have been doing fine. I do not use BESRM, might try that again with v8.51. Up til 2 weeks ago we were running Exchange 03 on Server 03. On the central system (the one that would be the manager if I ran it, hosts the ...

RBall by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restore Server 2008

I am trying to restore my file share from a 2003 server to a 2008 server and the shares are broken and the permissions do not stay. I am running the latest version of backup. any ideas???

kmac599 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

GRO cannot show all the Exhange backup date

We have BESR 8.0.3 in Windows server 2008 enterprise with Exchange server 2007 Ent..  The Exchange backup date at upper right-hand corner of  GRO just show part of Exchange backup date.  For example, We have Exchange backup in USB drive from August t...

lichi by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Granular Restore 8.5 not able to open Exchange Mail

I just updated all my servers with BESR 8.5... it's working fine except for one thing... Granular restore 8.5 is not able to open "Exchange Mail"... I always get the following error :**************************(i) Make sure that the volume which conta...

Open Messaging exchanges with GRO fail

When I try to open a saving with GRO, I have this error message : "Can't find EIF(Exchange Information File)" and " Assure that your saving includes binary Exexchange, as well as the data base and the files newspapers".N.B : This saving is from excha...

TinoBoss by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

BESR 8/ Granular Restore and Sharepoint

Hi, I am trying to use BESR 8 to backup and restore (Sharepoint) WSS 3.0.Currently we have the Sharepoint front-end running on a Windows 2003 server and the SQL database is running on another server.Will I still be able to use the Granular Restore op...

fred7157 by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

BESR GRO failing on restore

Hi all I am trying to restore mailboxes to PST via granular restore but I keep getting "restore fail". While I enumerate the mailboxes I only see a limited amount of messages before it stops ( I get no warning related to failed mailbox read). The exc...

Kase by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Typical load times for GRO and Exchange?

When I try to do a restore of an Exchange item it is taking 45 minutes or more to load the items. Our information store is not as big as it could be and I can't imagine using this on a truly large systems. Mounting Volume Images goes quickly... then ...

RBall by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

GRO with Exchange mailboxes and non-mail items

Does GRO support _any_ recovery of calendar items, tasks, notes, etc?  I can maybe understand not supporting item level recovery, but when I attempt to recover a whole mailbox I just get a PST of the mail items, but no calendar, tasks, etc.  This is ...

D_M1 by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels