Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

System Recovery 2011/2013

Hello all, I am just curious we are about to upgrade Symantec System Recovery 2011 to System Recovery 2013, and I was curious if the recovery points that we made with 2011 are compatible with 2013? Namely, if I was to do a full restore of my H: drive...

Resolved! How to access File Backup created from another computer

Hi, I have two computers, each with their own version of Symantec System Recovery 2011. Each computer creates 2 backups: 1) a full image backup 2) a file backup of certain critical document containing directoris The idea here of course is that if it'...

coolraz by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Migrate Symantec System Recovery 2011 to New Hardware

Hi, I'm after any war stories for migrating SSR 2011 to a new server running Windows 2012. Are there any articles or documentation available? At the same time I wish to look at upgrading to 2013 and was wondering what the best method for achieving  t...

Resolved! SSR2011 - Maximum number of incrementals?

Hi Guys, I have a server that is backed-up using th edefault schedule, i.e. new recovery point base once a month + daily incrementals at midnight. I want to add another daily incremental at mid day, but that will bring the total number of incremental...

ronr by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

System Recovery 2011 - Not Showing Drives for Backup

Hi,  I am running System Recovery 2011 on a Windows2003 Machine. This machine was converted from a physical machine to HyperV.  Now when I run System Recovery 2011, there is no drives to select. What I should do to recify this ?

thahir by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSR 2011 - Fehler EC8F1C50

Hallo, beim Sichern von Dateien und Ordner mittels SSR 2011 (10.0.0.39952) bekomme ich folgende Fehlermeldung:   Fehler EC8F1C50: Datei-Backup kann nicht erstellt werden für Auftrag: Si 2 (tägliche Sicherung). Fehler E7B70005: Snapshot error Fehler ...

tprugger by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to restore file permissions

I am trying to migrate a Windows 2003 server to a Windows 2008 R2 server. I can backup all the files that I want to migrate, but when I do a restore it does not apply the file security settings from the old server. It only applies the inherited right...

optdoug by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

supportability

The SCL for SSR-L 2011/2013 does not have anything specific regarding support for Oracle RAC on RedHat Linux 6.2.

GLMoon by Not applicable
Employee Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Linux boot CD/DVD

Hi Is it posible to download a linux version of the boot CD for Symantec System Recovery ?  We are running the windows version. We have a lot of old clients and its not very pratical to boot in the windows PE enviroment (too slow) best regards René F...

seagull by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error EC8F17B7, ERROR E7D1001F, ERROR EBAB03F1, E7D10046

Iam using Symantec system recovery 2011 SP3 and i keep on getting these error messages wich is causing the back up to fail. I'd be very gratefull if someone could help me please.   This is the first error message that i got first on two drives:   E...

latifw by Level 3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec System Recovery 2011 offsite usb disk cleanup

Hi, I customer has the following issue:   There is an internal disk (Lets call it DISK1) for the main backup with Symantec System Recovery 2011. There are two offsite USB disks Lets call then OFFSITE1 and OFFSITE2, and they are rotated every week! Ba...

Rsit by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SSR Linux Edition LVM backup

Hi; i m a little beginner in  Linux LVM shceme partition. and i have to backup my linux server and i d'ont know how to backup a Linux System with LVM using SSRL please help Thanks

Symantec System Recovery 2011 Question

I have a question regarding the section of restoring an image where it detects the un-initialize disks. On my screenshotd you see I have disk 0 and disk 1. However on the initialize disk structure, it displays disk 2 with 0 bytes of size. How come it...

Labels