Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! SSR Linux Edition

hi guy's i need to know how can i do a disater recovery for my redhat server using SSR 2011 linux edition,i already do a CustumSDR.iso disk but it contain only 115 Mo ,so i can't recover all my computer.please help thanks a lot

Symantec System Recovery 2011 Issue

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH129112 I'm following this guide to image a server but for some reason when i restore the OS volume, and then attempt to restore my data volume, the OS volume shows up twice on edit ta...

SSR 2011 with Hyper-V and Cluster

Hi all, I am running two Windows 2008 R2 Servers running Hyper-V and hosting varous VMs. SSR 2011 is used to backup the hosts with a full VSS backup und generally everything works fine. Lately I built a Exchange 2010-Cluster between two VMs and the V...

SRR2011 backup plan - due to drive naming bug

Hello, I am trying to get a customer backing up the way he wants. We have five (5) 2TB external drives using the eSata interface. The drives have the same drive letter. We want to have 2 backups on each drive. If I create one backup job, set to 10 re...

Joemt by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Restore Server 2003 to virtual machine

Hi I have WIndows server 2003 with SEPM installed runing on Hyper-v,i need to move the machine to an Esxi server and decided to backup and restore the server with SSR 2011.Which options should be selected during the restore.Single "C" partition exist...

Jordanco by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Script to verify recovery point?

Our company uses BESR versions 7, 10 and 11 for server backups.  Is there a script I can use to verify the recovery points on each server without having to log in to them separately?

System Recovery 2011Unable to determive status

Hello. I have installed Symantec System recovery 2011 on a Windows Server 2003 and when i open the application it cannot detect the local disk. I get the followinf error: -Error E1AD27F0: Cannot determine protection. --Cannot obtain available drive ...

Dzapantis by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Manually Create Offsite Copy Of Base Full Backup

Hello, I just setup an offsite network storage drive for offsite backups.  The whole thing works pretty good, except that I use incremental backup, and the first full backup is over 100 GB, which just isn't feasible to transfer over a 20 Mbps connect...

SSR 2011 and dual booting windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.04

HI all, Just seeking some clarification on whether there are any known issues of restoring a windows 7 64-bit image in a dual boot system. I dual boot win7 ultimate and ubuntu 12.04 - they are both on separate physical hard disks but I currently load...

sealax by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSR 2011 Incremental and Differential backups

Hello all     i got SSR 2011 and i would like to make Incremental and Differential backups. i can only find the option to make a full backup so can anyone assist me and tell me how i have to do this ?   Thanks in regards Laurens

Resolved! Incremental Restore Order

Following HDD failure I need to restore C:  &  D:  on a desktop.  I have a base backup & three incrementals as follows: What is the proper restore order? RO-PC.sv2i Ro-PC_SYSTEM0-1_Drive015_i003.iv2i Ro-PC_SYSTEM0-1_Drive015_i002.iv2i Ro-PC_SYSTEM0-...

Converted .sv2i SBS2011 image does not boot

We use Symanatec System Recovery 2011 (latest updates installed) to backup a Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard (fully patched). The source server has 2 MBR hard disk volumes: We wanted to do a P2V migration of this server to a VMWare ES...

Can not start the backup Recovery 2011 -

I was able to create the backup plan, but when I try to start it I get the following error. Cannot show progress or performance retreiving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {53D3A21B-D7F7-4E4D-AF5D-4B868F2115A2} FAILED DUE TO THE FOLLOWI...

Lethalone by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

System Recover running on Windows SBS 2008

I have SBS 2008 which is running System Recovery 2011. The full backup takes 2:30 hours to complete. My question is when the indepented backup is finished it will has the changes after the backup started? For example the back is starting at 10:00 (an...

black13 by Level 3
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Labels