Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

SSR 2013 Release Notes/SCN

Are there any release notes or a SCN for SSR 2013? Here is an exmaple of what I am looking for from SSR 2011: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH157316 There are changes and specific bug fixes listed. Thanks!

Resolved! SSR 2013 Monitor - unable to add clients

Having trouble with the SSR 2013 Monitor.  After adding a host I always get a "Connection Failed" message.  I have the firewall temporarily disabled, UAC disabled, and simple file sharing disabled.  The domain account is unlocked and the password is ...

jeepdc1 by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! SSR on laptop with no cd drive

Is there a way to create the SSR recovery disk on a USB stick to recover laptops that don't have cd rom drives? We have version SSR 2013   Thanks in advance.

nuance3 by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSR 2013 hang after backup deleted

Dear All,     I have created a set of backup at the storage by SSR 2013. However, after I accidentally deleted the storage backup. SSR 2013 always at the status of scanning disk and cause the windows server hang. Do you all have any idea of this situ...

elroykhlo by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! System Recovery 2013 Desktop Edition Install

I purchased System Recovery 2013 Desktop Edition and downloaded the file.  Found that the .zip file contained an .ISO file.  Burned that to a CD.  Loaded the CD and found that this was not an installation CD,  but a recovery disk with no option to ac...

EFK by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Error E4F3000B: PreSnap failed on volume

I'm a former Ghost 15 user, and thought I'd try out SSR 2013 as a replacement for my upgraded Windows 8 desktop (as it's unclear as to whether Ghost will continue).  I'm running on the 60 day trial, but so far, not so good. I created a backup as it u...

Resolved! VM does not start with converted vmdk file by SSR 2013

Hi all, I need your help about the Virtual Machine which made with converted vmdk file by SSR 2013. When I power on the VM by vSphere Client, it does not start. vSphere Client show this Massage. ------------------------------------- Failed to star...

syncra by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! File and Folder Backup

Hi - I am running SSR 2013 and I'm doing a daily File and Folder Backup , but I noticed that it defaults to an incremental and only backs up the changed files. I want to force it to backup the Files/Folder regardless of whether it changed or not.  An...

cindy_k by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installation of SR2013 fails with fatal error.

Hi,   I'm installing System Recovery 2013 Trial on a Win 7 x64 desktop and the installation fails with this message: FATAL ERROR: Error 1327.Invalid Drive: Z:\  I had several SMB shares mounted and mapped to drive letters on this machine before I sta...

System Recovery and Windows Shares

Across all of our sites, we are migrating to the Symantec System Recovery platform and so far, it seems to be a very powerful product. One issue I am noticing, however, is that SSR tends to always stay connected to the backup location, at all times.....

JustN by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

SSR2013 - MIB OID not working - No such object

I'm trying to work with OID's for Symantec to take up the slack from our RMM system which has not integrated its management features with Symantec System Recovery as effectively as I would have liked. I'm hoping by using OID's rather than an event lo...

_jam by Not applicable
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Restore anywhere drive considerations

Hi Experts, I have a DC being backedup using SSR 2013,The C drive being backed up is allocated 120GB,wherein only 20 GB is used space .I have a backup job running successfully using SSR.I need to restore this server in my vmware environment.I tried t...

Resolved! Live Update w/SSR

Just installed SSR 2013 on a Win2003 server. Tried to run liveupdate & got error LU1814: LiveUpdate could not retrieve the catalog file of available Symantec product and component updates. Please verify that you are able to connect to the Internet an...

kaplang by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSR2013 no scheduled backup of UEFI partition

Trying to schedule a backup of system drive c on a regulary basis. C contains win8 x64 uefi install. C is located on a SSD. On the same SSD there are also hidden partitions. Partitionlayout: 300MB Win8 recovery partition, 100 MB Fat32 EFI Systemparti...

erevo by Level 3
  • 32 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels