Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Recovery Points Not Available

I have had SSR 2011 running for well over a year, backing up to a drobo which is on line all the time, as well as several Buffalo NAS drives which are rotateded daily.  This has been working fine until yesterday, when i received a notice that the dro...

cnott by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How can I change password of SSR at once?

Hi all I am managing about 40 SSR on Windows Server and have to change password per 3 months. I am looking for ways to change password at once.  How can I do it? Can Symantec System Recovery Management Solution do it?  

Jake_kang by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSR 2011 - VProConsole Error

Hi Community, wir versuchen es mal hier im Forum. Wir bekommen bei einem Kunden seit kurzer Zeit immer diese Fehlermeldung, wenn wir die Console starten wollen. Hier die Fehlermeldung: __________ Details     Daten         System.Collections...

MaassIT by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Does SSR 2011 use VSSADMIN.exe and BCDEDIT.exe?

Hi Due to secuirity issues, we want to disbale VSSADMIN.EXE and BCDEDIT.exe on our servers Does SSR 2011 uses those two exe's? will i have issues with SSR 2011 after disabling them? We also use Lights Our Restore - does Lights Out Restore use thos...

Resolved! win2003 SBS recovery from total hardware loss

I had a 2003 SBS box using BE 2011 with a 2TB USB drive attached for backups.  The box is a total loss but the USB drive with the backups is fine. I rebuilt the server with CD's and applied all patches and service packs.  Installed Recovery 2011. H...

wskibum by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Edit file in backup

Restoring from an image is failing. I believe there is a bad line in the boot.ini file that is the cause. I would like to edit the boot.ini file that is in the image, but I can figure out how to do that hand have the changes saved. Is there a way?

amplb11 by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help needed: I need to re-download my SSR 2011 software

I have a server that I had to rebuild. The server had Symantec System Recovery 2011 installed. My client does not know where their software is located. Is there a way to download the software from the web. We have the license key but not the install ...

TenTECH by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SPS

Hi, Please help me with below. Currently, there are some PC running under enterprise edition 4.0 and we are trying to renew 21 licenses of version 4.0. We have one PC managing the deployment and will it be issue if we have two types of licenses suc...

_Shk_ by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Recovery Points Unavailable Messages Can't be Hidden

Hi--I'm forced to manually delete recovery points for SSR on a remote client's NAS to make room on an irregular basis. I've tried to hide or suppress the 'recovery points unavailable' messages they get several times a day, but it doesn't seem to work...

mrausher by Not applicable
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! OS drive backup fails convertion to microsoft VHD

I have four different drives backed up on a 2008 r2 server and the OS drive is the only drive that will not convert to a VHD.  It fails every time.  I have created conversion jobs for the other drive individually and they all run fine all using the s...

klfisher by Level 3
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

What's being backed up during an incremental?

Morning everyone. I just wondered if it's possible to determine what was actually backed up during an incremental backup job. I only ask as we have a job which is set to create an hourly incremental backup throughout the day which will usually cr...

Restore to different brand PC SSR 2011

I am using Symantec System Recovery 2011 for both the backups and the recovery disk. My backups are good and i can do folder and file recovery no problem. The issue I'm having is I'm going from a Lenovo PC that has Lenovo system drives as well as sof...

capsys by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Snapshot error when running My Documents backup

Symantec System Recovery 11 (10.0.1.41704) stops with the following error:   Following error seen (always) when running My Documents backup.   -Snapshot error %1. --Error EBAB03F1: OS error 2147754774. (UMI:V-281-1975-5)   Following is the en...

VSunil by Not applicable
Employee
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using BESR 2010 / 2013 with a NAS (Icybox brand)

Anyone have experience of doing a boack, offsite or other method with BESR 20134 and a NAS device?   I an trying belt and braces, 1,. An external drive via  a USB sock, this works fine. and. 2. A NAS box over a network.   Option 2 is the proble...

RMcP by Level 3
  • 22 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels