Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Unable to set attributes on the .sv2i file

Hi, We are running Windows Server 2011 and backing up to a buffalo NAS drive and have two jobs configured one does our "H" drive, the other does the "C, D, E, G and I" drives.  The backup backs up via a network share \\nasname\sbs-bkup, we have rece...

Resolved! SSR vs. Ghost for multiple 1-time image/restores

Hi all.  I'm failry familiar with SSR 2013 R2, but not Ghost (other than to know it does imaging).  Yet I don't know if either of these two products are what I need for a specific project as outlined below.  Here's what I hope to do: For a small bu...

MIXIT by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow Network performance Suddenly on all Backups

Out of the blue (No windows updates or Driver updates) my backup is only moving at 30mbps. Its connected to a gigbit Nic card so i usually get close to 800 mbps. Any idea what would cause this? or how i can fix?   The speeds of the backup jump arou...

Resolved! Network problems or Some other problem? ??

I am backing up a laptop that is connected to my home network wireless.  The backup server is connected to the network wired.  The backup is MUCH slower than when I backup to an external Hard Drive.  I expected it to be somewhat slower but this is to...

TenOC by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Alte Wiederherstellungssätze werden komplett entfernt

Hallo, ich habe das Problem, das alte Wiederherstellungssätze auf dem lokalen Speicherplatz komplett entfernt werden, nachdem ein Vollbackup durchgeführt wurde. In den Einstellungen habe ich einen Schwellenwert für Backups hinterlegt. Aber dieser w...

Offsite-Kopie verwalten, wie geht das

Schönen guten Tag, ich suche eine Methode, meine Offsite-Kopien auf der NAS zu verwalten. Der Speicherplatz ist voll und es werden keine weiteren Daten dorthin kopiert. Im Programm unter "Backup-Ziel verwalten" kann ich mir die Wiederherstellungspu...

BESR client not showing backup job policy, Unable to PostThreadMessage; hr=718 -- . Connection to vprosvc cannot be made. IPPIManager::get_<container> failed; hr=8000000a -- .

searching in besr manager for clients not showing as correctly backing up, i came across a few problems. Apart from a few clients showing ERROR , (about this I was asking on this forum time ago, and now I found out that the problem was the fact that...

ges87 by Level 5
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSR 2013 via PXE

Hello  My company is looking for a way to improve Image deployment, I would like to know if SSR 2013 work with PXE server? Does this new version of SSR 2013 support the "restore any where" option as  well, and all other feature that the 2010 BESR h...

brami55 by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot recover multiple partition boot disk

SSR 2013 R2 suggests that my drive is failing when I try an incremental backup. The recovery program indicates it is a BIOS boot but my system uses UEFI. I built the system myself. MY guess is that the system boots from BIOS into the UEFI then into W...

PaulG195 by Level 4
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trying to figure our whether to sell SSR or Backup exec

Hi, i have a customer who has several laptops, desktops, SAN storage and Filers and wants to have images of these and also backups of these. The laptops, desktops and servers run various windows, applications and Databases versions. I gather that t...

Can't selected drives on selected computers

Hello everybody, I use product Symantec System Recovery 2013 Management Solution installed on server 2008 R2 SP1. I have several backups policy configured which run well. I didn't have this error before.   But, I can not select the desired drived...

Error E7D1002A - Impossible to create

Hi SSR guys :D  I've an issue with one of my server. (in fact i've 3 differents errors, and i will make 3 topics... more easier to find solution when we are taping key words on google...)  I use Full Backup solution (all disk option with incrementa...

Alexx by Level 3
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! What is Basic Edition of SSR 2013 R2?

Hi all.  I'm always a little fuzzy on the differences between the various editions of SSR (Desktop Edition, Server Ed., etc.).  During purchasing (as a Veritas partner), it's easy because Ingram and the like have the edition type mentioned in their p...

MIXIT by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Is there a driverstore for RestoreAnyware

When i restore a backup to a different hardware i have to choose 2 drivers. is there a option to save the necessary drivers to a folder on the SRD or in the backup destination, which the SRD automatically search for the necessary drivers. These neces...

SSR20xx by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Comandline Parameter for v2isr.exe don't work

Hello, i have wrote a batchfile which start the recovery gui automatically. I use the following command in my batch. V2ISR.exe -ORM -ONVB -RAF Parameter -ORM for "Restore MBR" -ONVB for "No verify before restore" -RAF for "Reboot after finish"...

SSR20xx by Level 4
  • 14 replies
  • 1 kudos

Backing up Exchange Server 2013

Hi All We are looking into backing up Exchange server 2013 and wonder if any of you have had any problems with this ? I take it that you only backup the active Database or do you back up both?. The user guide seems to very light on this subject. 2 ...

SSR 2013 backing up to RDX - permission issues

So we have a new client that we support, and his Servers all back up to a single RDX drive, which is physically attached and shared out as "F". So lets just say that's server 1, the share is \\server1\f.    All the local backups run fine.  However, i...

MadOx75 by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels