Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! SSR Pruning for offsite

When I create a backup job in SSR, I know there is a place to "Limit the number of recovery point sets saved for this backup".  I understand when I backup to the destination on my Buffalo NAS, this pruning takes affect.  My question is, what about th...

SSR 2013 How to improve FTP off-site copy performance?

How can I improve off-site copy performance via FTP? Is there any "undocumented" tuning feature or is any RFE required to achive that?    SSR 2013 Desktop Edition is running on Windows 7 and off-site copy is sent to a remote server via FTP.   Th...

H1ro by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! symantec system recovery 2013 - offsite backup problems

Hello, We have a backup job for 2 different external drives. The regular backup is performed ok most of the times, but we have problems with the offsite copy: We have 4 partitions to be backed up in our computer. 2 of them are backed up in this job...

shahar by Level 4
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Offsite copy delay

I'm hoping someone could shed some light on a fairly strange issue I am having with a client. My client has a single server running Windows SBS 2011 Std + Symantec System Recovery 2013. They have a backup every two hours to an internal 1TB SATA hard ...

offsite to Unique Subfolder

Hi all,  Here is my problem: we have a big envoirement (about 40 servers) using system recovery to may system images. for every server we create a local back and now we also want to make a copy of that backup to a external NAS. but here we get into a...

PNSD-Y by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BESR 2010 Offsite Copy: Old copies not deleting

Hi, I have set up a backup with Offsite Copy enabled.  It's going to a 1 TB external hard drive.  However, I can't seem to figure out a way to make BESR delete the old backups...  We have 5 full backups dating back to 4/9/2012, all over 150 GB, with ...

Resolved! Offsite backup failing

Hello, I'm seeing these error notifications on our offsite backup.  Originally, our backups were being sent to an SFTP server, but then we realized that we could not use SFTP, so we switched to FTP. After switching to FTP, some of the offsite backup ...

Check Offsite Copy Status on Backup Exec System Recovery

Hi,   I recently configured a backup job to do offsite copies to my backup DR offive via a VPN. I am using a network share to achive the copy. My Server is a VMServer running on an ESXi host. This server saves a local copy to an external Iomega NAS, ...

System Recovery keeps deleting same recovery points

Hello, I disabled offsite copies on our SSR 2011 images.  Since then a number of the servers are doing backups and then reporting that they have deleted old image files no longer required based on our settings for the number of recovery points to kee...

NeilB by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup destination and offsite copy

I am creating a new backup job for which I also want an offsite copy. The idea is to back up every evening the server which is made up of a c: and d: drive onto a usb drive. Every morning I will replace the usb drive and so rotate a set of 10 drives ...

System Recovery 2011 image replication for off-siting

Hello all I have come across the following issue and I hope some of you may have seen the same issue and have a workaround. At Vision in Barcelona this week, some of the experts alluded to breaking the SSR snapshot down into smaller chunks via some a...

Symantec System Recovery 2011 Offsite Backups

I am currently running Symantec System Recovery 2011 and have 3 external hard drives for offsite backups. I don't want each drive to have the same backups on them, ie if I plug in drive A on monday it only copies monday nights backup to Drive A, if I...

amos5 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSR 2011 - can not restore running system

We have a Hyper-V server HOSTA (Windows Server 2008 Std SP2 x64) with 2 guests SBSA (Windows SBS 2008 SP2 x64) and APPSA (Windows Server 2008 Std SP2 x64). Both SBSA and APPSA have Symantec System Recovery 2011 (Build 10.0.0.39952) installed, and ...

Error EC8F1F62: Cannot find external device ''.

My custoner has one server and one backup server. They attach to their backup server 3 TB external drives. One for each week of the month. Their backup job is every Tuesday is a full backup followed by an incremental backup every day. The backup job ...

Restoring Server at remote site - All Methods Fail

We have a Hyper-V server HOSTA (Windows Server 2008 Std SP2 x64) with 2 guests SBSA (Windows SBS 2008 SP2 x64) and APPSA (Windows Server 2008 Std SP2 x64). Both SBSA and APPSA have Symantec System Recovery 2011 (Build 10.0.0.39952) installed, and bac...

Offsite copy failed in Backup Exec System Recovery

Hi Guys,   I am not so much familiar with Symantec Backup Exec system Recovery. I am facing a critical issue with symantec System recovery offsite Backup. From last Few days my Offsite copy has been failed with following error in symatec. Error EC8F1...

Resolved! Offsite Backup to NAS drive locally

Hi we have set up SBS system recovery 2010 on a server and have configured to NAS drives one onsite and one office. The offiste needs to be taken home at the end of the day and then connected back the next day so that the backup can transfer however ...

Dhirajp by Level 2
Partner
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels